University of Western Sydney
Week 18: Student Experience
Monday, 14 July 2014
The University of Western Sydney has always offered a variety of opportunities for students with many different facilities and a myriad of courses including agriculture, teaching, nursing, policing, forensics and performing arts. As well as academic variety there has also been social and cultural opportunities such as the ability to live on campus, participate in sports or in a student exchange program.
From the archives
From the archives
Image galleryFrom the Archives this week, we have:
- In the above image gallery, Group of Students - First intake of Canadian Students for Teaching - Faculty of Education 1994 (P2989)
- Visual & Performing Arts (VAPA) - 3D Illustration – Shark 1992 (P2302)
- Visual & Performing Arts (VAPA) - Street performance 1992 (P2287)
- Performing Arts Students in Costume - Continuing Education West (CEW) 1991 (P2674)
- Sports Honour Cap - Hockey - 1912 [Hawkesbury Agricultural College (HAC)] This Hockey honour cap belonged to George McGillivray, a student at Hawkesbury Agricultural College (HAC) during the period 1910-1913. McGillivray graduated with the Hawkesbury Diploma of Agriculture (HDA) and Hawkesbury Diploma in Dairy (HDD). He was also Dux. (AM-316)
- Tug O’ War [Hawkesbury Agricultural College (HAC)] 1914 (AI-25152)
- Invitation - Final Flutter Dance - 12 Oct 1928 (AI-11004)
- School of Teacher Education First International Practice Teaching Project 1983 (D88/0144) (PDF, 3334.02 KB) (opens in a new window)
- Cultural Exchange Between Nepean-Staff and Students and the Pitjantjatjara People of Mimili 1988 (88/0436) (PDF, 61.46 KB) (opens in a new window)
- Extract from AI-40069 Intercollegiate Sports Contest Program - August 1969 (PDF, 2248.98 KB) (opens in a new window)
Did you know?
Just how many different experiences you can have at UWS via the social clubs and sports available? Check out UWS Campus Life (opens in a new window) for more information.
By submitting a comment you acknowledge you agree with the Terms and Conditions.