Connections that last a life time
At Western, we believe in the power of connecting with like minds to help create opportunities and spark new possibilities. Alumni Affinity Groups bring together alumni of shared interests, geographic locations or professional backgrounds in support of the university and its wider community.
By establishing a new affinity group or joining an existing one, you are connecting with individuals that will enhance your social networks and assist with your professional development.
Interested in learning more about how you can establish a new Alumni Affinity Group? We are happy to hear from you!
Types of Affinity Groups
- Geographic: by country or state of residence, nationality or ethnicity
- Professional: by degree, school, affiliation, industry or career
What is the role of an Affinity Group and its members?
- Act as ambassadors for Western
- Create a network, connect and support alumni with shared interests
- Keep alumni connected to Western spirit and up to date with relevant news
- Create a nest of support, knowledge sharing and meaningful experiences
- Advance new opportunities, professional networking and career support through local networks
- Support and participate in relevant Western Alumni-led initiatives and activities