The Campus Provost is a senior staff member that provides strong leadership in advancing the University's on-campus experience.
The Campus Provost plays a vital role in assisting the University to create a sense of place, through their leadership, by ensuring the campus is welcoming and accessible for staff, students and to local community groups. There are seven Campus Provosts that represent the University and act as the local public face for their respective campus by working to build external relationships through the support of local community, regional and industry initiatives.
The primary responsibilities of Provosts are to encourage external and intra-campus engagement initiatives. The Campus Provost will actively seek opportunities to increase the University's profile through:
- External Relations and Engagement with local media, government relations, industry and business leaders, visiting dignitaries, international guests and community organisations.
- Intra-Campus Relations and Engagement by providing the crucial link between the University's senior management, staff and students on the campus. The Provost is the Chair for the Campus Provost Committee and is an active member of many campus-based committees and task forces.
Western Sydney University campuses have the following Provosts:
- Bankstown - Professor Peter Hutchings, Dean, School of Humanities and Communication Arts
- Blacktown (Nirimba) and Sydney Olympic Park - Ms Nicolene Murdoch, Chief Executive Officer, The College
- Campbelltown - Professor Gregory Kolt, Dean, School of Health Sciences
- Penrith (Kingswood and Werrington) - Professor Yang Xiang, Deputy Dean, School of Engineering, Design and Built Environment
- Hawkesbury - Mr Peter Pickering, Vice-President (Finance and Resources)
- Liverpool - Professor Brian Stout, Dean, School of Social Sciences
- Parramatta South - Professor Deborah Hatcher, Dean, School of Nursing and Midwifery
- Parramatta City and 100 George St - Professor Amir Mahmood, Dean, School of Business
- Vietnam - Professor Yi-Chen Lan, Pro Vice-Chancellor, Global Development
Further information is available in the Position Description (opens in a new window) for Campus Provosts and Deputy Provosts, and the Terms of Reference (opens in a new window) for the Campus Provost Committees.