- Applying to study
- New to Uni
- Important dates
- Fees and costs
- Services and facilities
- Online systems
- Exams and results
- Semi Permanent Unlimited Live
Exams and results
- Your mobile phone and all other electronic devices must be switched off in all exams. You may be fined $150 if your mobile phone is found to be on. This rule applies to School run supplementary and intra-session exams as well as formal end of year exams
- During exams, Student Central will open half an hour before the first exam and close half an hour after the start of the last exam each day
- Are you ready for exams? Refer to the top 10 things to remember checklist [PDF, 39.29 KB] (opens in a new window)
- Getting to exams: Please allow plenty of time to get to your exam and plan for public transport and traffic delays. If you're considering using the Penrith station trial shuttle bus, please be aware that the estimated time between services is 45 minutes
- Parking at exams: Parking on Parramatta campus (South) is limited. Additional parking is available at Parramatta campus (North). Works at some campuses may impact on the availability of parking spaces. Please make sure you leave enough time before your exam to allow for parking and getting to your exam
- Need exam essentials? A range of pens, pencils and notepads are available from The Co-op (opens in a new window).
The exam period runs for up to three weeks at the end of Autumn and Spring Sessions. Exams are also run for Western Sydney University Summer teaching sessions. Specific dates for final and deferred exams are advertised on the student dates page towards the end of each session. You need to be available to sit exams during the entire exam period, as work commitments, holidays or other social functions are not considered valid reasons for missing a final exam.
Exam session times
Exams usually start at 9.30am, 2.00pm and 5.30pm on weekdays and 09.30am and 2.00pm on Saturdays. Check your exam timetable carefully as some exams may be scheduled at a different time. Finishing times depend on the length of the exam. There are some mixed duration exams but exam supervisors will ensure that students are not disrupted if this occurs. Some exams may also be scheduled on campuses where the unit is not studied, so make sure you check your personalised exam timetable to know where your exams are scheduled.
Verbal exam timetable advice will not be disclosed over the phone or at Student Central (except for external students).
You can access your personalised exam timetable in My Exam Timetable.(opens in a new window) Make sure you keep checking your student email and personal exam timetable in case there is an exam venue change. It is your responsibility to check your exam timetable the day before each exam in case there is a late exam venue change.
Attendance lists will be taken at each exam location and you will be required to supply your student ID. This means you can only attend an exam at the time and location listed on your personalised timetable.
You should arrive at the exam venue at least 20 minutes before the start of your exam. If you arrive more than 30 minutes after the beginning of your exam, you will not be allowed into the exam venue.
You must present a Western Sydney University student ID card for entry to the exam venue. If you forget/have lost your student ID you must purchase a temporary student ID from Student Central for $15.75 on the day of your exam.
Online and external students
All Online or external students who live within 200Km of a Western Sydney University campus, must attend the exams on campus.
If you live further than 200Km away from a Western Sydney University campus, other exam arrangements will be made for you.
What to do if you can't attend your exam
If you are unable to attend a final exam due to a serious illness, misadventure or other exceptional circumstance beyond your control you can apply for a deferred exam.
For more information about deferred exams please read the Western Sydney University Examination policy. Access to a deferred exam is a privilege and not an automatic right.