- Applying to study
- New to Uni
- Important dates
- Fees and costs
- The Academy
Services and facilities
- - Student Central
- - Workshops, programs and online resources
- - Counselling Service
- - Disability Service
- - Student Welfare Service
- - Special Consideration
- - Student Legal Services
- - Chaplaincy
- - Student Representation & Participation
- - Student Academic Committees
- - International student support
- - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander student support
- - Student Stores
- - Online student support
- - Student facilities
- - Support for Student Veterans
- Online systems
- Student Misconduct Rule
- Semi Permanent Unlimited Live
- Western Digital Story Telling Project
Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) National Code
The ESOS National Code is designed to protect your rights as an International student studying in Australia.
Student Visa Conditions
It is important that you maintain your student visa conditions whilst studying on a student visa in Australia.
Please contact the Department of Home Affairs (Immigration) if you have any questions regarding visa matters
If your visa is about to expire or has expired, you should go to the My visa is about to expire or has expired webpage (opens in a new window). It is the fastest and easiest way to resolve your immigration matter.
International Student Intervention Strategy
Currently enrolled International students are expected to complete their study within the timeframe stated on their CoE.
If there are any compelling or compassionate reasons that would interfere with your study, you are encouraged to contact Student Welfare Service as soon as possible.
- Completion within allowable time period
- Application for Reduced Study Load should be approved by either Head of Program or Student Welfare Service, depending on the nature of the reason for your application
- Progression rules
CoE (Confirmation of Enrolment)
You will need a new CoE if you are unable to complete your study within the expected timeframe. You can request a new CoE by contacting the Student Central via the Student Infoline 1300 668 370 or email email@example.com. Please note that you may need to provide a new course completion date confirmed by your Director of Academic Program.
- Student Visa Online visa application (opens in a new window)
- If you want to lodge an online visa application, you must have ImmiAccount (opens in a new window) login details
- Extend your stay (opens in a new window)
Post Study Work Visa
If you lodged your first student visa application on or after 5th of November 2011, and have completed two year degree level qualification, you may be eligible for a Post Study Work Visa. (opens in a new window)
Student Visa Application Fee Waiver due to COVID 19 – form 1545
If you held a student visa on or after 1 February 2020 and you couldn’t complete your course within your original visa validity, due to the impacts of COVID-19, you may be eligible to have the visa application fee waived. This will occur when you lodge a further student visa application to complete your study.
You must meet the eligibility criteria, otherwise your application could be invalid.
In addition, the requirements for a Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) visa have been amended for those who have been affected by COVID-19.
Online study undertaken outside Australia due to COVID-19 travel restrictions will count towards the Australian study requirement for existing and new student visa holders. You are still required to complete your course within the visa duration for the course, even though you are studying online from outside Australia.
For more information and to check eligibility, please visit: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/student-visa
How to obtain the form 1545 for nil Student Visa Application fee
- You can check your eligibility for the fee waiver on the Department of Home Affairs website: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/student-visa.
- If you are eligible, download Form 1545 and complete parts A and B.
- Separately, discuss your study plan with your Academic Course Advisor (ACA) or Director of Academic Program (DAP) and request a new completion date for your studies.
- Submit the completed 1545 form and the email confirmation from your ACA/DAP with your request for a CoE to firstname.lastname@example.org. You also need to provide a short explanation as to why you believe you are eligible for the fee waiver.
- If you are eligible for a student visa application fee waiver, Student Central will complete Part C and E of the form