Visa Matters

Changes to online study rules for student visa holders. Temporary measures introduced during the COVID-19 pandemic providing student visa holders with the flexibility to study their course online, will end on 30 June 2023. Learn more here.
Unrestricted work rights for student visa holders ends on 30 June 2023. Students must make sure they are aware of any changes to visa conditions, including work rights. Check your Visa Conditions online.

It is important that you maintain your student visa conditions whilst studying on a student visa in Australia. If you have questions regarding changes to your study and the impact on your Visa, call 1300 668 370 (option 5) or email to book an appointment with a Welfare Officer.

A Welfare officer may refer you the Department of Home Affairs (Immigration) or suggest that you speak with a Registered Migration Agent for specific advice regarding visa matters.

Resources and Support

Department of Home Affairs (Immigration)

For more information on Visa matters please contact the  Department of Home Affairs (Immigration)

In Australia
Phone: 131 881 ​​

Outside Australia
Phone: +61 2 6196 0196​

For your nearest Department of Home Affairs office location check their list here.

The Department of Home Affairs provides important information for Student Visa Holders:

Redfern Legal Centre

Redfern Legal Centre – Provides free and confidential legal advice for international students in NSW

Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) National Code

The ESOS National Code is a framework which outlines the rights and responsibilities of international students studying in Australia. The framework covers a range of information you have a right to know and services that must be offered to you by the University. This includes information about, orientation and access to support services, details about when your enrolment can be deferred, suspended or cancelled and a complaints and appeals process.

Further information is available in the Australian Government ESOS fact sheet , National Code of Practice for Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2018 factsheet and the Study Australia webpage