Assistance and support

Student Services Hub

Student Services Hub is the first point of contact for enquiries and advice relating to your study at Western Sydney University and matters specific to International students.

Student Welfare Service

The Student Welfare Service offers support/advice on confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) or Visa related issues as well as advice on financial issues, accommodation and health related issues and can also assist with student advocacy needs.

After Hours Assistance Line

Western Sydney University has an After Hours Student Assistance Line specifically for International students. If you have a problem after hours please call 1300 884 235.

Other student services

Visit the Services and facilities webpage for a full list of student services. International students are able to use all student services at Western Sydney University - including free counselling, chaplaincy groups, legal support and much more.

External services

International student intake support service

International student intake support service, provides multilingual case workers that can connect students with government and community support.

Interpreting and Translation Services

If you need a document translated you can search for a translator on the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI) website (opens in a new window). It is recommended that you ask for quotes from at least three translators so that you can choose the cheapest quote.

The Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) (opens in a new window) provides interpreters. Call 131 450 for phone interpreters and for onsite interpreters call 1300 655 082. Please note in some cases there may be a fee.

If you need a document translated you may be eligible for free document translating services through The Department of Home Affairs. Please visit their webpage for further information and eligibility criteria.

Justice of the Peace (JP)

A JP is an official independent witness of documents. If you need documents certified by a JP see scheduled times and locations by suburb at NSW Justice (opens in a new window).