- Applying to study
- New to Uni
- Important dates
- Fees and costs
- The Academy
Services and facilities
- - Student Central
- - Workshops, programs and online resources
- - Counselling Service
- - Disability Service
- - Student Welfare Service
- - Special Consideration
- - Student Legal Services
- - Chaplaincy
- - Student Representation & Participation
- - Student Academic Committees
- - International student support
- - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander student support
- - Student Stores
- - Online student support
- - Student facilities
- - Support for Student Veterans
- Online systems
- Student Misconduct Rule
- Semi Permanent Unlimited Live
- Western Digital Story Telling Project
Academic and English language support
English Conversation Groups
The program aims to help international students and local students from a non- English speaking background develop further confidence in their English conversation skills.
Student volunteers run the English conversation sessions in a fun and friendly environment on various Western Sydney University campuses. Recruitment of volunteers starts before session commencement.
Find out more about English Conversation Groups.
Online resources for English reading, writing and spoken language
- Library Study Smart is a service designed to help you develop your academic language and learning skills. Visit the Library Study Smart website for assignment help and study skills strategies, as well as information about face to face Study Smart Officers and access to the Study Smart Online service.
- Study Smart Officers are available at all campus libraries to help you with things like question analysis, critical analysis, essay structure, and academic writing style. They can also give guidance on study skills, completing assignment tasks, and exam preparation techniques.
- If you want to ask for help when Study Smart Officers are not available or you are not on campus, log in to Study Smart Online, a SSAF-funded service that gives you access to online subject and assignment help after-hours. Access the service through your unit vUWS site.
- Academic skills workshops will help you write critically, write good essays and avoid plagiarism. Find out what's on at the Workshops hub.
- Learn English from home at your own pace and in your own time. The library offers the below interactive modules online via their eResources listings:
- Improve your English pronunciation, verbal conversation and interview skills with Western Sydney University Careers in partnership with Star Pronunciation (over 20 hours of training).
- Mathematics Education Support Hub (MESH) provides students at all stages of study, with mathematics and statistics support.
Help with units (PASS)
- In Peer Assisted Study Sessions (PASS) you will meet and work with other students to understand the content of your unit/s and develop study strategies to help improve your academic performance.