- Applying to study
- New to Uni
- Important dates
- Fees and costs
Services and facilities
- - Student Central
- - Workshops, programs and online resources
- - Counselling Service
- - Disability Service
- - Student Welfare Service
- - Special Consideration
- - Student Legal Services
- - Chaplaincy
- - Student Representation & Participation
- - Student Academic Committees
- - International student support
- - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander student support
- - Online student support
- - Student facilities
- Online systems
- Exams and results
- Semi Permanent Unlimited Live
- Western Digital Story Telling Project
- Inside The Academy
Centrelink and study
Are you considering applying for a Centrelink (opens in a new window) payment while you study? Not sure where to start? The Student Welfare Service can assist students with:
- information about Centrelink payments
- exploring your eligibility for Centrelink payments
- contacting Centrelink on your behalf (eg when your Centrelink payment is suspended and you don't understand the reason)
- providing support if you are appealing a Centrelink decision, or referring you to a relevant service provider for assistance
For assistance with any Centrelink issue, please contact your campus Student Welfare Officer.
Important information for Students travelling overseas
The maximum time you can get paid Youth Allowance, Austudy and other Centrelink payments if travelling overseas is changing from 13 weeks to 6 weeks. If you are overseas as part of a UWS-approved student exchange you may be eligible to receive your payment for the duration of your exchange. Contact your exchange officer before departing to see what you need to do.
Easy access to your Centrelink profile
Centrelink has a smart phone app that you can use to report your income (except ABSTUDY students), view your payment history, request a Centrelink statement, income and asset statement and payment summary.
Proof of Enrolment letter for Centrelink
If you need to provide Centrelink with a 'Proof of Enrolment' letter, you can print it in My Student Records (MySR).
Login to MySR (opens in a new window), and select the 'Proof of Enrolment' link from the 'Enrol' drop-down menu at the top of the page.