- Applying to study
- New to Uni
- Important dates
- - Advanced Standing
- - Adding, dropping and changing units
- - Special requirements
- - Reenrolling
- - Summer Session
- - Tutorial Registration
- - Handbook
- - How to: Use the Handbook
- - Course and unit rules
- - Encumbrances
- - Changing your residency status
- - Transferring to a new course
- - Varying your course
- - Applying for leave or resigning from your course
- - Changing your personal details
- - Supporting documentation
- - Glossary of terms
- - Student responsibilities
- - Western Sydney University Online
- - Cancelled enrolment
- Fees and costs
- Services and facilities
- Online systems
- Exams and results
- Contact us
Changing your personal details
Check all your personal details in MySR and update them if necessary.
To access MySR, log in to Western Central, go to the 'Links' page and select 'MyStudentRecords' from the list.
Address and contact details
Once in MySR select 'Address' in the 'Personal Details' drop down menu at the top of the page. Check that your address and contact information is correct and up to date. You can update all these details online.
Make sure your mobile phone number is listed in the correct field so you can be contacted via SMS in emergencies!
Name, date of birth and sex
In MySR, select 'Name' in the 'Personal Details' drop down menu at the top of the page. Check and confirm that your name, sex and date of birth are correct. You can update you preferred name online, however if any of the other details are incorrect you will need to lodge a Change of Personal Details form with certified* copies of supporting documentation at a Student Central. Change of Personal Details forms are available online or at Student Central.
You must include certified* documentary evidence of your change of name. Accepted documentation for a change of name includes:
- Birth Certificate showing the name at birth and the new name(Commemorative Certificates are not acceptable)
- Marriage Certificate (Commemorative Certificates are not acceptable)
- Deed Poll
- Change of Name Certificate issued by the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages
- Divorce Decree
- current Passport
- current Drivers Licence - only acceptable for change of date of birth
* A certified copy of a document is a photocopy of the original document that has been certified by a qualified witness as being "A True Copy Of The Original." A list of qualified witnesses and details on how documents need to be certified is available on the certifying documents page.