Individual advocacy

Individual advocacy

There are a number of services available to you that are free and covered by a Charter of Independence or a Code of Ethics to act in your best interest. The types of issues that these services can assist you with include:

Procedural fairness

Procedural fairness is a concept that underpins all your dealings with Western Sydney University. Details of correct procedures are contained in Western Sydney University policies, particularly those involving misconduct.

If you believe procedural fairness has been breached, please contact a Student Welfare Officer.

Where can I go for advocacy services?

Student Welfare officers

The Student Welfare Service has professionally trained staff on every campus to provide confidential support and advice to students. If you have been accused of misconduct or if you are unclear of your rights in relation to an issue you can email, call or drop in to speak with a welfare officer.

Find out more about the Student Welfare Service.

The Complaints Resolution Unit

The Complaints Resolution Unit can assist with advice about how to make a complaint and provide the names of external agencies who may be able to help.

If your complaint involves your current study at Western Sydney University, contact a Student Welfare Officer to discuss any impact the issue may be having on your studies.

Related links