International fees

As a prospective international student, you are required to pay your fees for the first teaching session before you can be enrolled as a Western Sydney University student.

Tuition fees

You are required to enrol in a full-time load of 4 units, or 40 credit points, for each teaching session. This is a condition of your Student Visa.

You will be advised of your exact fees on your official offer letter, including tuition fees and compulsory Overseas (International) Student Health Cover.

2021 International tuition fees

Making payments (payment options)

^ Back to top

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

OSHC is a compulsory health insurance policy that is required for the issue of a Student Visa.

After receiving an offer of a place at the Western Sydney University, you will usually be asked to pay for OSHC unless you already hold a policy.

If you are classified as Australia Award sponsored, or belong under certain categories of IDP sponsored students, you may be eligible to have OSHC paid for you by your scholarship provider.

Related links

^ Back to top

Failure to pay fees

If your tuition fees are not paid in full by the course commencement date, the University will write to alert you to your outstanding balance and give you a notice detailing the risk of discontinuing your enrolment and its potential visa consequences. As a student visa holder, it is very important to maintain your enrolment in order to comply with student visa conditions. If you do not pay your tuition fees you will not be able to graduate, re-enrol or receive official documents, including your results.

The University is obliged to report this action to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) which could lead to your visa being cancelled.

Please note that tuition fees do not include other expenses associated with university study such as books, equipment, accommodation and living expenses. See the Other costs section on the Fees page for more information.

Related links

^ Back to top


You must apply for a refund using the Request for Fee Refund (International Students only) form (opens in a new window). You should discuss your request for a refund and lodge your form with an International Student Advisor.

Your refund can only be made to the original source of payment.
For more information see the International student course fees webpage
Please note that International students withdrawing from a course of study will be reported to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) as required by legislation.

Withdrawal before the census date

You are entitled to receive a refund for a portion of your tuition fee under the following circumstances.

  • Your International application for a student visa is rejected prior to you commencing studies, in which case all tuition fees will be refunded. Appropriate documentary evidence is required.
  • The University withdraws an offer of admission, or is unable to provide a course. This will apply unless the University made the offer on the basis of incomplete or incorrect information provided by you. In this case, the University reserves the right to retain an administrative fee of 10% of the session tuition fee paid, as well as any agent's commission which may have been incurred.
  • You provide written advice at least 4 weeks prior to the commencement of the teaching session that you are unable to commence or continue a course. A refund of 90% of the session tuition fee will apply.
  • You provide written advice less than 4 weeks prior to the commencement of the teaching session, but prior to the census date for that teaching session. A refund of 50% of the session tuition fee will apply.
  • You do not meet University progression rules and are suspended or excluded from enrolling. A full refund will apply for any tuition fees paid in advance for future teaching sessions.
    If you have completed one academic year of study and are approved for a transfer to another higher education provider in Australia, you are entitled to a refund if you have paid tuition fees for a future session at Western Sydney University. This is subject to the notification provisions above.

Withdrawal after the census date

If you withdraw from a unit or resign from your course after the approved census date for that teaching session, you will not be eligible to receive a refund.

Related links