- Applying to study
- New to Uni
- Important dates
- Fees and costs
- The Academy
- Services and facilities
- Online systems
- Student Misconduct Rule
- Semi Permanent Unlimited Live
- Western Digital Story Telling Project
Review of Grade
Applying for a Review of Grade
There may be instances when you believe that your final grade in a subject does not accurately reflect your performance against the subject criteria.
If this happens and you are unable to resolve it with the academic responsible for your grade, then you can apply for a formal Review of Grade within 10 working days after results are released.
- Note: If this is your final term you will not be eligible to graduate at the forthcoming graduation period if you review your grade.
When should I apply for a Review of Grade?
You may apply for a Review of Grade within 10 working days after results are released at the end of each teaching term. Check the Academic Year Dateline for upcoming results release dates.
How do I apply for a Review of Grade?
To submit a Review of Grade application, complete the online application form. Please ensure supporting documents are uploaded in PDF format with your application.
WSU Online students - please contact email@example.com directly to request a Review of Grade.
What happens after I submit my application?
You will receive an email to your student email account acknowledging that your application has been successfully submitted. Please allow up to four weeks for your application to be reviewed and assessed by your Subject Coordinator and Director of Academic Program. A final decision is then made by the Dean of School. You will receive correspondence to your student email account advising you of the outcome of your request.
Important to note: You will not be able to submit a Review of Grade application if you have a fee hold on your student record. You can check to see if you have any outstanding fees in the ‘Charges and Payments’ section in My Student Records (MySR).
Students may only appeal an outcome of a Review of Grade on the grounds of procedural fairness. Please refer to the Academic Appeals Procedures for further information.
Grounds accepted for Review of Grade
You may apply for a Review of Grade if you have reason to believe one or more of the following:
- the subject coordinator did not provide a learning guide as required
- the assessment requirements as specified in the learning guide were varied in an unreasonable way
- assessment requirements specified in the learning guide were unreasonably or prejudicially applied to you
- due regard has not been paid to the evidence of illness or misadventure
- a clerical error has been made in the calculation of your mark/grade
If you receive a grade as a result of disciplinary action then you are unable to appeal this through the Review of Grade process.
When lodging your Review of Grade application you must lodge a separate application form and supporting documentation for each subject that you are applying for.
You must indicate whether you are going to submit supporting documentation when completing your application. If you indicate that you will be submitting supporting documentation, it must be uploaded at the time your application is submitted.
Example supporting documentation:
- a copy of your marks achieved for each individual assessment item where appropriate
- any email correspondence relevant to your review of grade
- a written statement from yourself detailing the reason for a review of grade
If you need any help completing your application, please reach out to the Student Services Hub for assistance.