- Applying to study
- New to Uni
- Important dates 2022
- Fees and costs
- The Academy
Services and facilities
- - Student Central
- - Workshops, programs and online resources
- - Academic Literacy Support
- - Counselling Service
- - Disability Service
- - Student Welfare Service
- - MATES
- - International Buddy Program
- - English Conversation Groups
- - Special Consideration
- - Student Legal Services
- - Chaplaincy and Inclusive Communities
- - Student Representation & Participation
- - Student Academic Committees
- - International student support
- - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander student support
- - Student Stores
- - Online student support
- - Student facilities
- - Support for Student Veterans
- - TalkCampus
- Online systems
- Student Misconduct Rule
- Semi Permanent Unlimited Live
- Western Digital Story Telling Project
To keep us all safe, Student Services (Counselling, Disability, Welfare Services and Student Central) will be moving to online support and services - phone, email and chat contact details remain the same.
If you are in financial hardship and need assistance with essential living or study costs, the Student Welfare Service is here to support you. We can provide support to students in financial hardship due to; personal circumstances, an extraordinary event or COVID-19.
If you are struggling financially due to personal circumstances, COVID 19 or you have been impacted by an extraordinary event (e.g. crisis or natural disaster) please contact us via WesternNow or 1300 668 370 (option 4 then option 1).
If you require financial assistance for food due to personal circumstances, COVID 19 or have been impacted by an extraordinary event (e.g. crisis or natural disaster), please contact us via WesternNow or 1300 668 370 (option 4 then option 1).
The Chaplaincy Team runs weekly Community Dinners during session. These provide a great opportunity to share a nutritious meal and get to know other students.
You can also enjoy a free breakfast on your campus every Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday from 8:30-10:30am during session. Learn more by logging into WESTERNLife Events with your student details.
Apply for up to $500 Textbook Support to purchase prescribed textbooks from:
If your application is approved you’ll receive a DiviPay virtual card via email.
Government Services & COVID 19 resources
Study NSW COVID19 Help Hub - Provides onshore international students impacted by COVID 19 with access to financial assistance, wellbeing services and more. Multilingual case workers are available.
Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment - You may be eligible if you’re unable to work and earn income because you or someone you’re caring for has to self-isolate or quarantine due to COVID 19.
Centrelink - Offers a range of on-going payments to eligible students. If you're receiving a student payment, you can also access the Fares Allowance to attend compulsory activities linked to your studies and the Student Start Up loan
There are several services that can provide food and financial assistance:
- Ask Izzy - Access a range of support (such as food, housing, bills, No Interest Loans) from Community Services in your local area.
- Welfare Rights Centre - Support for those experiencing issues with Centrelink.
- The Salvation Army - Phone: 13 72 58
- St Vincent de Paul - Phone: 13 18 12
- Anglicare - Phone: 1300 111 278
Financial Counselling and other resources
- Financial Counsellors’ Association of NSW- Free and confidential financial advice. Phone: 1300 914 408
- LawAccess NSW - Access information to assist you with financial concerns such as FineFixer and Problems with Utilities
- ASIC MoneySmart - Provides tips to help you manage your money
- Insider Guides - Provide up-to-date information on matters relating to international students including webinars with industry experts
The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) provides a free Tax Help program to assist those earning under $60,000 to lodge a tax return. Learn more