Money matters

Textbook vouchers

Textbook vouchers for use at the Co-op Bookshop are available at the beginning of Autumn, Spring and Summer Sessions.

To be eligible to apply you must be:

  • enrolled at least 1 unit at the University for the Summer Sessions


  • enrolled in at least 2 units at the University for the Autumn & Spring sessions


  • living independently and earning less than $500 a week OR
  • part of a family with a combined income of less than $900 a week

Applications for the Spring Session 2019 are now closed.

Applications for the Summer session 2019/2020 will open 11 November 2019

If you require assistance please contact the Student Welfare Service at

For more information please visit the Textbook voucher FAQ page(opens in a new window).

Financial assistance

We offer a range of financial assistance to assist students with education-related costs and basic living expenses.

Financial assistance available to our students includes interest free loans and grants.

Eligibility and applications

Students requesting financial assistance will need to complete an application form and meet with a Student Welfare Officer who will assess their application. Financial assistance applications will be assessed on a case by case basis.

As a general guide, students are eligible to apply for financial assistance if they can demonstrate that their capacity for continued study may be in jeopardy due to financial hardship. However, being eligible does not mean you will be approved for assistance, as assistance is limited. Financial assistance is not intended as a form of income support and will not be provided to pay for ongoing expenses.

Find out more at the Financial assistance FAQs (opens in a new window) page.

Food assistance

There are a number of community agencies that provide food assistance and students should access these services in the first instance. However students with urgent, immediate food needs may be eligible for food assistance from the Student Welfare Service. Food assistance may be provided as a one-off only.

If you would like to know more about the food assistance, or if you are in need of food assistance, please see the Welfare Officer on your campus.

Centrelink support

Students can get help with Centrelink matters - head to the Centrelink and study page for information.

Budgeting and managing your money while at uni

Learn how to create a budget, find help with Centrelink, learn about debt and many more useful money tools with these fact sheets.

For more information make an appointment with the Welfare Officer on your campus.

Tax Help

Need help completing your tax return? Tax Help volunteers who have been trained by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) will be available on campus to assist you with your tax return. We will be offering appointments again during tax time in 2019 - find out more at the Tax Help page.