- Applying to study
- New to Uni
- Important dates
- Fees and costs
- The Academy
Services and facilities
- - Student Central
- - Workshops, programs and online resources
- - Counselling Service
- - Disability Service
- - Student Welfare Service
- - Special Consideration
- - Student Legal Services
- - Chaplaincy
- - Student Representation & Participation
- - Student Academic Committees
- - International student support
- - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander student support
- - Online student support
- - Student facilities
- - Support for Student Veterans
- Online systems
- Student Misconduct Rule
- Semi Permanent Unlimited Live
- Western Digital Story Telling Project
- Changes to travel concession: From 2017 foil/stickers for travel concessions will cease. You must now have your Concession Opal and Student ID cards to travel on public transport within the Opal network. If you are travelling outside the Opal network, you must have a new Transport Concession Entitlement Card, which will be available from 1 February 2017.
What is a travel concession?
The NSW Government provides concession (cheaper) travel to tertiary students on trains, buses, ferries and light rail within the Opal network.
To access travel concessions you need a valid Concession Opal card.
Is every student eligible for travel concessions?
To see if you are eligible to receive travel concessions, refer to the guidelines on the Opal web page (opens in a new window). You can also get more information on the Concession fares page of the NSW Transport Opal web page (opens in a new window).
If you do not meet the eligibility criteria, you can get an Adult Opal card (opens in a new window).
How do I get my Concession Opal card?
Read the step by step instructions for how to get your Concession Opal card (opens in a new window).
Travelling outside the Opal network
If you are eligible for a travel concession and intend to travel outside the Opal network, you will need to get a new Transport Concession Entitlement Card (TCEC) (opens in a new window).
These cards will be available through Transport for NSW from 1 February 2017.
If you have any questions about travel concessions at Western Sydney University, please call the Student Infoline on 1300 668 370 or email firstname.lastname@example.org from your student email account.
If you have any questions about how the Opal card works, please call 13 67 25 (13 OPAL).