- Applying to study
- New to Uni
- Important dates
- Fees and costs
- The Academy
Services and facilities
- - Student Services Hub
- - Workshops, programs and online resources
- - Counselling Service
- - Disability Service
- - Student Welfare Service
- - MATES
- - English Conversation Groups
- - Special Consideration
- - Student Legal Services
- - Chaplaincy and Inclusive Communities
- - Student Representation & Participation
- - International student support
- - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander student support
- - Student Stores
- - Online student support
- - Student facilities
- - Support for Student Veterans
- - TalkCampus
- Online systems
- Student Misconduct Rule
- Semi Permanent Unlimited Live
- Western Digital Story Telling Project
Student ID cards
How do I get my student ID card?
New commencing students
If you need a brand new Student ID Card, you can apply online in a three step process shown below to allow us to issue your card. Please ensure your Postal Address recorded in MySR is correct as we will be posting your card.
To start your application, please click on the button below:
Please see below for suitable identity documentation and photo guidelines.
Expired and Lost Cards
If your student card has expired or is expiring within 30 days, you can request a free replacement online via the button below:
Lost or Stolen Cards
You need to pay for your Replacement ID through Payments prior to submitting the WesternNow form. When submitting your WesternNow application, please complete the following steps:
1. Enter your Payments Receipt number and confirm your postal address as it’s listed in MySR in the ‘Enquiry Description’ box,
2. Attach a copy of valid Photo Identification so we can verify your identity.
Examples of acceptable Photo Identification for Student ID Card requests is listed below.
If these steps are not followed, it will delay the processing of your application. I encourage you to monitor your emails for updates related to your request.
Once you have received confirmation your application is successful, your Student ID Card will be posted to your nominated postal address recorded in MySR.
List of Acceptable Supporting Documentation for ID Card Requests
When applying for a new or replacement ID card, you must supply one form of photo ID from the list below.
(must contain name, photo, and date of birth)
|Driver Licence or other Licence (issued by an Australian State or Territory)
|Photo Card (issued by an Australian State or Territory)
School, TAFE, or Tertiary ID (from an Australian institution and must contain your full legal name including any middle names)
Updating your Personal Details
If your name on your student records do not match your name in the acceptable supporting document provided, you will need to apply for a Change of Personal Details.
More information on how to update your personal details can be found here.
Student ID photo guidelines
Here are a few guidelines to ensure we approve your photo when applying online:
- Plain, light-coloured background
- Head centred with a clear gap around the sides of the head, including hair
- Head straight to camera, eyes open, face not tilted to any other direction
- Eyes must show clearly through glasses - no reflections
- Must be a recent photo, no less than six months old
- Religious head coverings are acceptable, provided they do not cover your face
Why do I need a student ID card?
- Identification at Western Sydney campuses
If a University staff member asks to see your card you must present it.
- Identification at exams
You must take your card to all exams.
- Accessing the University Library
Present your card when borrowing and if requested by staff when using Library facilities.
- Printing and photocopying
Use your student card for all your printing and photocopying.
- Accessing secure areas (if required) Student cards enable access to approved secure areas of the University (if required), such as 24-hour computer labs.
- Identification on Placement Students attending placement must carry their Student ID at all times and display when/where required.
- Identification at NSW Health Compliance Students must present their Student ID at NSW Health compliance appointments.
Student ID card privacy statement
The University staff involved in authenticating your identity and issuing your card, as well as those people responsible for auditing, monitoring and maintenance of the database, will have access to the information you provide.
The information you provide as part of the issue of your student card will be stored in a secure database. It remains confidential at all times and will be destroyed securely. Please note that the photograph you provide will be destroyed within 90 days of the upload.
The provision of the information is voluntary. However, if you don’t provide any updated contact information the University may be unable to provide you with a student card through this online portal and you’ll need to make enquires with Student Services Hub about alternatives available to you. The University relies on the accuracy of the information provided by you and is not responsible or liable for any errors arising out of inaccurate information provided by you.
To find out more about privacy and your rights to your personal information at the University, please visit https://www.westernsydney.edu.au/footer/privacy.
Need more information?
For more information please contact the Student Infoline on 1300 668 370 (Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm) or