- Applying to study
- New to Uni
- Important dates
- - Credit for Prior Learning (Advanced Standing)
- - Adding, dropping and changing subjects
- - Special requirements
- - Re-registering
- - Summer Session
- - Class Registration
- - Handbook
- - How to: Use the Handbook
- - Rule Waiver
- - Holds (Encumbrances)
- - Changing your residency status
- - Transferring to a new program
- - Varying your program
- - Applying for leave or resigning from your program
- - Changing your personal details
- - Supporting documentation (documentary evidence)
- - Glossary of Terms
- - Student responsibilities
- - Western Sydney University Online
- - Cancelled enrolment
- Fees and costs
- The Academy
- Services and facilities
- Online systems
- Student Misconduct Rule
- Semi Permanent Unlimited Live
- Western Digital Story Telling Project
Summer Session FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
- Student FAQs are below
What is 'Summer Session'?
- be able to fast track your degree so you complete it sooner
- opt for a lighter study load by spreading the subjects of study out over the entire year
- make up missed or failed subjects
Where can I find out what subjects are being offered in Summer Session?
When can I register in Summer Session?
Summer Session registration for 2021/2022 is available from 11 October 2021.
When does Summer Session start and end?
- Summer A - starts on 29 November 2021 and ends on 20 February 2022 (12 weeks duration including the two-week Christmas/New Year break, stuvac and exams)
- Summer B - starts on 10 January 2022 and ends on 20 February 2022 (6 weeks duration including stuvac and exams)
Which Summer subjects do I register in for Summer 2021/2022?
To register in subjects for Summer 2021/2022 in MySR, you need to click into your course code for the 2022 Academic Period. While some of the subjects for Summer Session start in 2021, the enrolment system classifies all Summer subjects as 2022 subjects because the census dates for both Summer A and Summer B fall in the 2022 calendar year.
When will Tutorial Registration open?
Tutorial registration for Summer Session will open before classes start. Details on opening times are available later in the year. Summer Timetable
Will classes be running between Christmas and New Year?
When are the census dates for Summer 2021/2022?
Do I have to study in Summer Session?
How many subjects can I study in Summer Session?
How much work is required for each subject during Summer?
You may feel like there is more work needed to attain a satisfactory result in your subjects during Summer because of the shorter timeframe, so make sure you account for this when planning your time.
On which campuses is Summer Session operating?
- Parramatta (South and City)
- Penrith (Kingswood)
Do the usual parking restrictions apply on campuses during Summer Session?
For parking for Summer session please refer to the Parking page for further information.
Do I need a rule waiver to study a subject not on my home campus?
Do I need a rule waiver if I haven't completed the co- or pre-requisite subject?
Do I have to pay tuition fees for Summer subjects?
Will Centrelink payments be affected if I study in Summer Session?
Where will Summer Session exams be held?
- Bankstown (students who study at Campbelltown and Liverpool during Summer Session will have exams here)
- Penrith (students who study at Hawkesbury during Summer Session will have exams here)
The full exam timetable, including exact locations, will be provided closer to the Summer Session exam period in February 2021.
Can I graduate in April 2021 if I study my final subject/s in Summer?
To be eligible to graduate in April 2022, you will need to submit an application to graduate by the advertised closing date. You need to complete the following things by the graduation deadlines please check the graduation deadlines:
- All course requirements on your student record must be complete
If all of these items aren't completed, you will not be able to graduate in April 2022 and will have to wait until the September 2022 graduation round. Please ensure you check the graduation deadlines carefully to make sure you finalise all details by the advertised deadlines.
I'm not a student of this University yet but would like to start a degree during Summer Session, can I do that?
I'm studying at another university, can I study in Summer Session?
Yes. Students from other universities can apply to study cross institutionally in Summer Session. You will need to make sure the subject/s you want to study is accredited by your home university before you apply. Without this approval, you might have to register as a Non Award student, which is a full fee paying student-type.
More details about how to apply to study cross institutionally in Summer Session are available on the Cross institutional studies webpage.
The full list of subjects on offer during Summer Session is available now on the Handbook.