- Applying to study
- New to Uni
- Important dates
- - Advanced Standing
- - Adding, dropping and changing units
- - Special requirements
- - Re-enrolling
- - Summer Session
- - Tutorial Registration
- - Handbook
- - How to: Use the Handbook
- - Course and unit rules
- - Encumbrances
- - Changing your residency status
- - Transferring to a new course
- - Varying your course
- - Applying for leave or resigning from your course
- - Changing your personal details
- - Supporting documentation
- - Glossary of terms
- - Student responsibilities
- - Western Sydney University Online
- - Cancelled enrolment
- Fees and costs
- The Academy
- Services and facilities
- Online systems
- Student Misconduct Rule
- Exams and results
- Semi Permanent Unlimited Live
- Western Digital Story Telling Project
Summer Session FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
- Student FAQs are below
What is 'Summer Session'?
- be able to fast track your degree so you complete it sooner
- opt for a lighter study load by spreading the units of study out over the entire year
- make up missed or failed units
Where can I find out what units are being offered in Summer Session?
When can I enrol in Summer Session?
Summer Session enrolment for 2019/2020 is available from 8 October 2019.
When does Summer Session start and end?
- Summer A - starts on 25 November 2019 and ends on 16 February 2020 (12 weeks duration including the two-week Christmas/New Year break, stuvac and exams)
- Summer B - starts on 6 January 2020 and ends on 16 February 2020 (6 weeks duration including stuvac and exams)
Which Summer units do I enrol in for Summer 2019/2020?
To enrol in units for Summer 2019/2020 in MySR, you need to click into your course code for the 2020 Academic Period. While some of the units for Summer Session start in 2019, the enrolment system classifies all Summer units as 2020 units because the census dates for both Summer A and Summer B fall in the 2020 calendar year.
When will Tutorial Registration open?
Tutorial registration for Summer Session will open before classes start. Details on opening times will be available later in the year. Summer Timetable
Will classes be running between Christmas and New Year?
When are the census dates for Summer 2019/2020?
Do I have to study in Summer Session?
How many units can I study in Summer Session?
How much work is required for each unit during Summer?
You may feel like there is more work needed to attain a satisfactory result in your units during Summer because of the shorter timeframe, so make sure you account for this when planning your time.
On which campuses is Summer Session operating?
- Parramatta (South and City)
- Penrith (Kingswood)
Do the usual parking restrictions apply on campuses during Summer Session?
For parking for Summer session please refer to the Parking page for further information.
Do I need a rule waiver to study a unit not on my home campus?
Do I need a rule waiver if I haven't completed the co- or pre-requisite unit?
Do I have to pay tuition fees for Summer units?
Will Centrelink payments be affected if I study in Summer Session?
Where will Summer Session exams be held?
- Bankstown (students who study at Campbelltown and Liverpool during Summer Session will have exams here)
- Penrith (students who study at Hawkesbury during Summer Session will have exams here)
The full exam timetable, including exact locations, will be provided closer to the Summer Session exam period in February 2020.
Can I graduate in April 2020 if I study my final unit/s in Summer?
To be eligible to graduate in April 2020, you will need to submit an application to graduate by the advertised closing date (23 January 2020). You need to complete the following things by the deadlines listed below:
- 13 February 2020
- All course requirements on your student record must be complete
If all of these items aren't completed, you will not be able to graduate in April 2020 and will have to wait until the September 2020 graduation round. Please ensure you check the graduation deadlines carefully to make sure you finalise all details by the advertised deadlines.
I'm not a student of this University yet but would like to start a degree during Summer Session, can I do that?
I'm studying at another university, can I study in Summer Session?
Yes. Students from other universities can apply to study cross institutionally in Summer Session. You will need to make sure the unit/s you want to study is accredited by your home university before you apply. Without this approval, you might have to enrol as a Non Award student, which is a full fee paying student-type.
More details about how to apply to study cross institutionally in Summer Session are available on the Cross institutional studies webpage.
The full list of units on offer during Summer Session is available now on the Handbook.