- Applying to study
- New to Uni
- Important dates 2022
- - Credit for Prior Learning (Advanced Standing)
- - Adding, dropping and changing subjects
- - Special requirements
- - Re-registering
- - Summer Session
- - Class Registration
- - Handbook
- - How to: Use the Handbook
- - Rule Waiver
- - Holds (Encumbrances)
- - Changing your residency status
- - Transferring to a new program
- - Varying your program
- - Applying for leave or resigning from your program
- - Changing your personal details
- - Supporting documentation (documentary evidence)
- - Glossary of Terms
- - Student responsibilities
- - Western Sydney University Online
- - Cancelled enrolment
- Fees and costs
- The Academy
- Services and facilities
- Online systems
- Student Misconduct Rule
- Semi Permanent Unlimited Live
- Western Digital Story Telling Project
Varying your program
Varying your Western program
If you would like to:
- Change your campus (after your first session)
- Move from a double degree to the constituent single degree
- Move into or out of an Advanced program (within your existing program)
- Change your program for graduation purposes
You can do all of the above through a Course (Program) Variation Application through WesternNow. The form will be directed to your Director of Academic Program (DAP) for approval.
All types of requests made through this channel require students to have completed a full-time semester (40 credit points) worth of study before making the request.
IMPORTANT: If you are applying to change your program for graduation purposes, please ensure your completed application is submitted by the advertised graduation deadline.
FAQ’s for Program Variation Applications
Which single degree can I transfer into from my double degree?
You can only use the Program Variation Application to drop part of your double degree and remain in the other half of your existing program. If you want to change to a new degree entirely, you can apply through the Western Portal.
Which Advanced programs can I transfer into?
You can only use the Program Variation Application to transfer into the Advanced program relating to your existing degree. If you want to change to a new degree entirely, you can apply through the Western Portal.
When can I change my program for graduation purposes?
You can use a Program Variation Application to change your program for graduation purposes in the following scenarios:
- you meet the normal academic requirements of the program you wish to change into
- you meet any program prerequisites or additional selection criteria attached to the program you wish to change into
- you have successfully completed all program completion requirements before you apply