- Applying to study
- New to Uni
- Important dates
- - Credit for Prior Learning (Advanced Standing)
- - Adding, dropping and changing subjects
- - Special requirements
- - Re-registering
- - Summer Session
- - Class Registration
- - Handbook
- - How to: Use the Handbook
- - Rule Waiver
- - Holds (Encumbrances)
- - Changing your residency status
- - Transferring to a new program
- - Varying your course
- - Applying for leave or resigning from your program
- - Changing your personal details
- - Supporting documentation (documentary evidence)
- - Glossary of Terms
- - Student responsibilities
- - Western Sydney University Online
- - Cancelled enrolment
- Fees and costs
- The Academy
- Services and facilities
- Online systems
- Student Misconduct Rule
- Semi Permanent Unlimited Live
- Western Digital Story Telling Project
What is a Rule Waiver?
A Rule Waiver is a request to gain approval from your Director of Academic Program to register into a subject where you do not meet the subject rule/s.
All Rule Waiver Requests are now submitted via an online Form.
When should I submit a Rule Waiver Request?
You should complete and submit a rule waiver request if you want to:
- Register in a subject that has requirements/rules you have not met.
- Register in more than the maximum permitted credit points for a term
- Register in a subject that is not at your home campus (not required for Summer Session).
- Register in a subject after the self-registration period of a term.
Student's on Conditional Enrolment cannot use a Rule Waiver to register in more credit points than their Conditional Enrolment allows.
For detailed information about program and subject rules visit the Program and subject rules webpage.
How to complete an online Rule Waiver
- Click o Student Forms button, then select 'Rule Waiver Request' from the list of online forms available
- The form will open as an Adobe PDF. You will need Adobe Acrobat on your PC for this to happen. Adobe Acrobat is freeware, which can be downloaded from Adobe
- Complete and submit the form online before the census date. A copy of your request will be emailed to you for your records
- You will receive an email advising you of the outcome of your request. Please allow seven working days for this to happen. Most requests will be completed much faster than this, but we need to allow time for your Director of Academic Program to assess your request. If your request is approved, you will automatically be registered in the subject. You do not have to go into MySR to add the subject
Rule Waiver applications can now be completed online via Student Forms.(opens in a new window)
Please seek academic advice prior to submitting a Rule Waiver application.
Note for Mac users
You will need the following programs to access eForms:
- OS X v 10.4 x (PowerPC) or later
- Flash Player 9 or later
- Firefox 188.8.131.52 (or later) or Safari 3.0.0 (or later)
If you need further help completing your application, Student Central can help. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org, call the Student Central Infoline on 1300 668 370 or drop in to a Student Central on campus.