- Applying to study
- New to Uni
- Important dates
- - Advanced Standing
- - Adding, dropping and changing units
- - Special requirements
- - Reenrolling
- - Summer Session
- - Tutorial Registration
- - Handbook
- - How to: Use the Handbook
- - Course and unit rules
- - Encumbrances
- - Changing your residency status
- - Transferring to a new course
- - Varying your course
- - Applying for leave or resigning from your course
- - Changing your personal details
- - Supporting documentation
- - Glossary of terms
- - Student responsibilities
- - Western Sydney University Online
- - Cancelled enrolment
- Fees and costs
- Services and facilities
- Online systems
- Exams and results
- Semi Permanent Unlimited Live
Am I eligible to change tutorials?
You are only eligible if you meet the following criteria:
- The times of my core units clash
- I have an Academic Integration Plan (AIP), which has the specific reasonable adjustment 'Tutorial Pre-registration required' assigned
- I am responsible for the care of another person
Note: Work commitments are not considered an extenuating circumstance if submitting under the 'core units clash' criterion.
These criteria are strict and supporting documents must be supplied as noted on the form. All requests will be assessed by staff within the School that owns the unit.
What if the tutorial I want to register in is full?
You will need to select another tutorial time. If all of the tutorials in the unit are full you may need to change your enrolment. If you must complete the unit for your course, contact the Unit Coordinator for advice. Some tutorial times are more popular than others so you may not always get your first choice.
Extenuating circumstances prevent me from registering in an available tutorial time.
You may be eligible to change your tutorial time by appealing to the school via a Change of Tutorial Form. To be considered you must already be registered in a tutorial and you will need to provide evidence to support your extenuating circumstances
How do I request to change tutorials, if I'm eligible?
You will need to complete a Change of tutorial form, unless your unit is from the School of Law. You will need to complete this form in hardcopy and provide supporting documentation.
Based on the School your unit belongs to, find out how you need to submit your request below.
If you are enrolled with The College, please note that you do not need to complete a Change of tutorial form. To request a change to your timetable, contact Student Central or phone the Tutorial Registration hotline on 9852 5471. The above criteria still apply, and you must provide supporting documents to be considered.
School of Business
- Submit in person at the School reception at Parramatta, Bankstown or Campbelltown campuses
- Email email@example.com,
Unless your change request is for:
- Business Academic Skills 200336, email BAS@westernsydney.edu.au
School of Computing, Engineering and Mathematics
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org (include the Unit Code and Unit Name in the email subject line)
- Bachelor of Construction Management students who are requesting to change a tutorial due to work commitments, are required to provide a letter from their employer to email@example.com (include the Unit Code and Unit Name in the email subject line)
School of Education
Forms submitted without the relevant supporting documentation will not be accepted. Submission of form is not a guarantee that a change will be able to be made.
- Education (Early Childhood)
Submit in person to the Education Administration Office - Bankstown Campus (Bld/Room1.1.180) or Penrith (Kingswood) campus (Bld/Room J.G 23) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education (Secondary)
Submit in person to the Education Administration Office - Bankstown Campus (Bld/Room1.1.180) or Penrith (Kingswood) campus (Bld/Room J.G 23) or email email@example.com
- Education (Primary)
Submit in person at the face to face sessions at Bankstown and Penrith (Kingswood) as advertised on vUWS or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education (Education Studies Major)
Undergraduate students in the Bachelor of Arts (Pathways) submit their form for Education Studies Major units only to the Education Administration Office - Bankstown Campus (Bld/Room1.1.180) or Penrith (Kingswood) campus (Bld/Room J.G 23) or email by email to: EdStudiesMajor@westernsydney.edu.au
Requests for all other units in the undergraduate courses should be emailed to email@example.com with the unit code and unit name in the email subject line.
School of Humanities and Communication Arts
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org (include the unit code and unit name in the email subject line)
School of Law
- Do not use the Change of tutorial form, email the details of your change request to email@example.com
School of Nursing and Midwifery
- Submit in person at the School reception at Hawkesbury, Campbelltown and Parramatta campuses
School of Science and Health
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org (include the Unit Code and Unit Name in the email subject line)
School of Social Sciences and Psychology
- Submit in person at the School Office (Bankstown, Bldg 24 – Kingswood, Bldg P Ground floor – Parramatta, Bldg EI)
- Email email@example.com