- Applying to study
- New to Uni
- Important dates
- - Credit for Prior Learning (Advanced Standing)
- - Adding, dropping and changing subjects
- - Special requirements
- - Re-registering
- - Summer Session
- - Class Registration
- - Handbook
- - How to: Use the Handbook
- - Rule Waiver
- - Holds (Encumbrances)
- - Changing your residency status
- - Transferring to a new program
- - Varying your program
- - Applying for leave or resigning from your program
- - Changing your personal details
- - Supporting documentation (documentary evidence)
- - Glossary of Terms
- - Student responsibilities
- - Western Sydney University Online
- - Cancelled enrolment
- Fees and costs
- The Academy
- Services and facilities
- Online systems
- Student Misconduct Rule
- Semi Permanent Unlimited Live
- Western Digital Story Telling Project
As part of the enrolment process you must agree to a Student Declaration form. By agreeing to the declaration you are acknowledging that you have read and understood its terms and you agree to be bound by the by-laws, rules and policies of the University and understand your responsibilities as a Western Sydney University student.
Below is a copy of the student declaration.
Western Sydney University student declaration text
- I agree to comply with and understand that I will be bound by, the University of Western Sydney Act 1997 and all relevant by-laws, rules and policies of Western Sydney University (University), including a requirement to follow any reasonable instructions of University officers. I understand that University by-laws, rules and policies may be amended from time to time and I am responsible for regularly reviewing current University policies, which can be found on the policies webpage.
- I agree that it is my responsibility to ensure that all information and documentation supplied by me in relation to my enrolment at the University is complete and correct. I understand that the University may refuse, terminate or otherwise vary my enrolment or any decision made in relation to my candidature at the University on the basis of inaccurate, misleading or incomplete information. I agree that the University relies on the accuracy of all information provided by me and is not responsible or liable for any errors arising out of inaccurate information provided by me.
- I agree to update my personal information, including contact information, held by the University no later than five (5) working days after any change, through my University student account or by contacting Student Central.
- I agree to use my student email account for all formal communication with the University. I agree that I am responsible for checking my student email account regularly and I understand that the University uses the student email account and student webpages as its primary source of communication with students.
- I accept that the University may use the mobile telephone number I provide to alert me via phone or message (Short Messaging Service, 'SMS') to matters relating to my attendance at the University in an emergency situation, or urgent matters relating to my enrolment.
- I agree to be responsible for the payment of any student contribution, tuition fees and any other compulsory fees related to my enrolment or graduation by the due date in each teaching session. I understand that failure to do so may result in my access to University services being cancelled or restricted, the cancellation of my enrolment and action being taken by the University to recover the outstanding amounts.
- I understand that the University's Privacy Management Plan and associated privacy policies set out how the University collects, holds, uses and discloses my personal information or my health information. I understand that I can obtain further details about the use and disclosure of student personal information in the University's privacy policies and Privacy Management Plan. More information can be found on the Privacy at Western Sydney webpage.
- I consent to the University using my personal information for any purpose it deems necessary to carry out its educational, administrative and operational functions. I acknowledge that all information will be collected, stored, used, disclosed and destroyed in accordance with privacy, records management and other relevant laws and policies.
- I understand that the University may disclose my personal information to a person or organisation external to the University where:
- required or permitted by law, including where the disclosure is required for the University to comply with its mandatory or contractual reporting requirements to government departments or agencies, statutory or regulatory bodies and/or their agents;
- necessary for any reason related to my enrolment as a student, including enrolment, teaching, progression, assessment, misconduct, graduation and alumni affiliation at the University, including to communicate with me about these issues or to provide me with any benefit as a University student;
- required as part of any mandatory reporting requirements for international students, including to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection and any other government departments and agencies, sponsors, exchange partners and/or their agents;
- required for third party information technology service providers engaged by the University to provide services and support such as hosting, infrastructure, software, databases and backup which may include services utilising cloud technology and third parties holding and/or processing University data on their systems on behalf of the University;
- required for any course for which a placement is required, for such purposes including administration, background checks, accreditation purposes or for any inherent requirements;
- to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the life, health or safety of any person, or damage to University property; or
- I have otherwise provided my express consent to the University.
- As an international student I have signed the Acceptance to Study declaration in the International Student Offer Pack and acknowledge that the terms of this declaration, as well as that of the International Student Fee and Refund Agreement, apply for the duration of my studies with the University.
- I acknowledge that my providing this declaration is a condition of my enrolment at the University and that I will be notified of any changes to these terms in writing to my student email account.