- The University's Financial Framework
- University Insurances
- How to pay your University bills from anywhere
- Finance Forms
- Financial Operations
- Financial Services
Finance Processes and Procedures
- - ADI Journals
- - Taxation at the University
- - General Journal Procedures
- - Guidelines for establishing External Trust and Tied Grants
- - Procedures for Accounting for Livestock
- - Basware
- - Process for Payment of University Internal Scholarships
- - Process for Payment of University Third-Party Student Scholarships
- - Oracle Chart of Accounts
- Finance Business Partnerships
- Corporate Finance
- Supplier Terms & Conditions
Process for Payment of University Internal Scholarships
Please use the University Internal Student Scholarship Payment form (PDF, 81.86 KB) (opens in a new window) to request a scholarship payment where the student has (or will have) a fee liability on Callista.
Please use the Payment Request form (XLSX, 43.06 KB) (opens in a new window) where payment is to be made directly to student.
Before you start
When paying scholarships for student(s) attached to a sponsor code, (eg. UWS-RESRCH) total payment request MUST equal Callista "STUDENT DEBTOR REPORT" UWSFINR020 balance for sponsor code.
- Check that sponsor is attached to student (see Callista report FINR0140)
- Check that appropriate fees have been calculated (see Callista report FINF9100)
- Check that student personal fees have not been attached to sponsor (Callista report FINF9100)
- Expect overnight processing before changes reflected in Student Debtor Report UWSFINR020.
- Please note that Accounts Receivables cannot process amounts that do not total the Student Debtor Report.
- Complete student and department details and amount of scholarship to be paid off student's debt liability in Callista (parts 1 and 2).
- Approve payment in accordance with University delegations.
- Attach copy of supporting documentation (Offer of Admission, School correspondence, etc).
- Forward form to your School Management Accountant.
- Check Callista fee details for student.
- Process general ledger journal in Oracle Financials using the template provided (part 3 on form). This will transfer the scholarship expense to a clearing account awaiting receipt processing.
- Forward form to Accounts Receivable.
- Process a ONESTOP receipt to the sponsor's account. The following details must be entered:
- Transaction Code: 018 (Internal Scholarships)
- Tender: Banked (F7)
- Deposit Reference: Enter the journal batch name
- Record the Onestop receipt number & other required details (at part 4).
- Refer to Appendix A for sample receipt screen (shown on the downloadable form and instructions).
The receipt will automatically pay the fee liability in Callista. When AR is posted to GL, a debit will be posted to the clearing account, offsetting the amount previously journalled.
A nominated Management Accountant will reconcile the Scholarship Clearing Account on a monthly/quarterly basis.