- WHS & Wellbeing management system
- Working from Home
- WHS consultation
- Risk management
- Emergency management
- Health and safety topics
- Contractor management
- Incident management
- Health and Wellbeing
- About the WHS&W Unit
- Contact us
- Information on Coronavirus
Health and Wellbeing
RU OK? Day
RUOK Day is a call to action to ask RUOK not just today but throughout the year. 2020 presented unique challenges to our way of living, our health, security and wellbeing. There is no better time for us to reach out to those around us, to keep connected, strengthen community and show that we care.
Western invites you to develop a daily habit of asking the people around you, R U OK?
Start a conversation and confidently respond to someone who is not OK.
Useful Tips for asking 'R U OK'?
- Ask: "Are you OK?", making sure to let the person know that you have time to talk.
- Listen: Be open-minded, non-judgmental and patient.
- Encourage: Make suggestions that encourage physical health, self-care and professional help, if required.
- Check in: Stay in touch. Genuine care and concern can make a real difference
More useful tips on asking RU OK? can be found on the R U OK? How to Ask website
To learn more about Free, confidential counselling available to all staff, please visit the Employee Assistance Program EAP webpage or call 1800 818 728 to make an appointment.
If you are in crisis, please contact the Mental Health Line on 1800 011 511, Lifeline on 13 11 14, Emergency Services on 000, or present to your nearest Emergency Department.