- WHS & Wellbeing management system
- Working from Home
- WHS consultation
- Risk management
- Emergency management
- Health and safety topics
- Contractor management
- Incident management
- Health and Wellbeing
- About the WHS&W Unit
- Contact us
- Information on Coronavirus
- Flu Vaccination 2021
- Access to Campus
Safe work month
October is National Safe Work Month - Be a Safety Champion
Safe Work month in October is part of an annual national event which encourages all workers to get involved in safety at their workplace, helping to reduce the incidence of death, injury and disease.
Be a Safety Champion
This year’s theme demonstrates that anyone, both employers and workers from any occupation or industry can be a champion for work health and safety.
Everyone can support a safety culture at their workplace and promote best practice work health and safety initiatives.
We can all strive to Be a Safety Champion at work this October.
Why Safe Work Month is Important
Everyone at work plays a role in reducing the risk of injury, illness and death in a workplace. Tragically though, 195 workers died in 2015 and with many more workers suffering from a permanent injury or illness. These deaths and injuries carry with them a devastating and personal impact on workers and their families, with a significant financial cost to their communities.
Safe Work Month is the perfect time to remind people how they can continue to make workplaces safer.
- Be safe. Be healthy. Because...your actions can support physical and mental health at work
- Be safe. Be healthy. Because...your family/friends/pets are waiting to welcome you home
- Be safe. Be healthy. Because...it makes good business sense; and
- Be safe. Be healthy. Because...there's so much more to look forward to.
2019 Safe Work Month Events
Throughout October 2019 the Work Health and Safety Unit will be running several events to promote safety, health, and well-being throughout the University.
Events are free for staff to attend; however prior registration is required. The different events being run throughout October 2019 are:
- Cooking demonstration and nutrition seminar - Fun and informative sessions designed to provide a deeper understanding of the value of good nutrition, the importance of breakfast (how it impacts our brain function, hormones and energy levels) and how to avoid 3.30- itis and boost energy with nourishing, guilt free sweet treats that replace junk food. Runs for 120 minutes.
- Massage therapy – enjoy a free 15 minute massage to relieve tension and stress.
- Belly Dancing – get involved in a fun 45 minute belly dancing class with our WSU instructor, Michaela Tymichova.
- EAP online webinar – if you can’t make it to our nutrition cooking demonstration, you can jump online and learn more about the food you eat and how it effects your mood with the 30 minute ‘Food and Mood’ webinar.
- Therapy Dogs on campus – de-stress by going outside and patting a therapy dog.
Check the drop down list below for details of each event and date the event will be held on your campus.
|10:00 am to 12:00 pm||Nutrition Cooking Demonstration|
|Tuesday||15 October||01.1.060||9:00 am to 5:00 pm||Massage|
|Wednesday||2 October||11.G.03||10:00 am to 12:00 pm||Nutrition Cooking Demonstration|
|Friday||11 October||Ceremonial Lawn Building 4||9:00 am to 5:00 pm||Massage|
|Friday||11 October||G.6.15||10:00 am to 12:00 pm||Nutrition Cooking Demonstration|
|Monday||14 October||H4.G.03||9:00 am to 5:00 pm||Massage|
|Thursday||3 October||P.G.34||10:00 am to 12:00 pm||Nutrition Cooking Demonstration|
|Thursday||17 October||Z.G.20||9:00 am to 5:00 pm||Massage|
|Friday||4 October||03.9.03 (Foyer)||2:00 pm to 4:00 pm||Nutrition Cooking Demonstration|
|Thursday||24 October||3.G.09||9:00 am to 5:00 pm||Massage|
|Friday||11 October||U2.1.03||2:00 pm to 4:00 pm||Nutrition Cooking Demonstration|
|Wednesday||16 October||U2.1.03||9:00 am to 5:00 pm||Massage|
Parramatta City (1PSQ)
|Thursday||10 October||01.3.39||2:00 pm to 4:00 pm||Nutrition Cooking Demonstration|
|Monday||21 October||01.3.39||8:30am to 9:15 am||Belly Dancing|
|Tuesday||22 October||01.1.62||9:00 am to 5:00 pm||Massage|
|Thursday||10 October||EB.G.37||10:00 am to 12:00 pm||Nutrition Cooking Demonstration|
|Friday||18 October||EHa-1.30||9:00 am to 5:00 pm||Massage|
|Tuesday||8 October||EB.3.36||8:30 am to 9:15 am||Belly Dancing|
|Monday||14 October||EB.3.22||8:30 am to 9:15 am||Belly Dancing|
|Monday||28 October||EB.G.33||8:30 am to 9:15 am||Belly Dancing|
Register for a Safe Work Month Event
To register for a Safe Work Month event, please click here or any of the links above in the drop down lists.