This website is for all exam supervisors and exam centre staff at Western Sydney University and Western Sydney University, The College.
If you are interested in becoming an exam supervisor at Western, please contact Assign Recruitment (contact details below).
It is a policy of Assign Recruitment that all exam supervisors adhere to a dress code, to make you easier to identify to students and academics.
- For women: Black trousers or skirts, with a plain white top. Closed toe shoes must be worn
- For men: Black trousers, with a white collared top. Closed toe shoes must be worn
In winter a plain black jacket/jumper is acceptable, and black dress jeans are also allowed for both genders.
No faded, torn or acid wash jeans, leggings, tracksuit pants, shorts, hats, bandanna, patterns, or open toed shoes are permitted.
- Exam dates:
- University exams run for up to three weeks at the end of Summer, Autumn and Spring Sessions
- The College exams are held at the end of Terms and Quarters
- SGSM exams are held at the end of Quarters
- Specific dates for final and deferred exams are advertised on the student dates page
- Take your manual: Please ensure you have your copy of the Exam Supervisor Manual with you at each exam, and that you are familiar with its contents
Important policies and guidelines
Below is a list of some of the key policies and guidelines all supervisors need to be aware of and adhere to. Please note, this list does not cover all relevant policies and guidelines.
- Bullying Prevention Guidelines
- Bullying Prevention Policy
- Code of Conduct Policy
- Conflict of Interest Policy
- Disclosure and use of Student Personal Information Guidelines
- Discrimination, Harassment, Vilification and Victimisation Prevention Guidelines
- Examinations Policy
- Examinations Procedure
- Exam rules
- First Aid Policy - Please note that only qualified Western Sydney University staff can administer first aid
- Student Misconduct Rule
- Student Misconduct Rule - Inappropriate Behaviour Guidelines
- Work Health Safety
The position descriptions for exam supervisors and exam centre staff are available below.
- Supervisor in Charge [PDF, 60.99 KB] (opens in a new window)
- Assistant Supervisor [PDF, 68.99 KB] (opens in a new window)
- Exam Centre Team Leader [PDF, 64.29 KB] (opens in a new window)
- Exam Centre Officer [PDF, 73.04 KB] (opens in a new window)
- Exam Centre Officer - Float [PDF, 63.73 KB] (opens in a new window)
- Educational Support Staff/Supervisor in Charge [PDF, 66.06 KB] (opens in a new window)
Western Sydney University
Examination team: (02) 4736 0600
Postal address: Locked Bag 1797, Penrith NSW 2751 Australia
Opening hours 6:00am – 5:30pm: (02) 8833 7000
After hours: 0434 106 725
If you are running late or cannot make your shift, you MUST contact Assign.