- Applying to study
- New to Uni
- Important dates
- Fees and costs
- Services and facilities
- Online systems
- Exams and results
- Contact us
Coordinated, final session exams are held at the conclusion of Autumn, Spring and Summer Sessions.
- Your mobile phone and all other electronic devices must be switched off in all exams. You may be fined $150 if your mobile phone is found to be on. This rule applies to School run supplementary and intra-session exams as well as formal end of year exams.
- Exam and timetable release dates - See the student dates page for information on exam timetable release dates and Main and Deferred Exam dates.
- Getting to exams: Please allow plenty of time to get to your exam and plan for public transport and traffic delays. If you're considering using the Penrith station trial shuttle bus, please be aware that the estimated time between services is 45 minutes.
- Parking at exams: Parking on Parramatta campus (South) is limited. Additional parking is available at Parramatta campus (North). Works at some campuses may impact on the availability of parking spaces. Please make sure you leave enough time before your exam to allow for parking and getting to your exam.
How do I access my exam timetable?
The Summer Session Exam timetable is available in Platform Web
Your exam timetable is available in Allocate+ in the lead up to exams.
We do not give verbal advice of your exam timetable by phone or at Student Central.
Make sure that you are checking your exam timetable regularly on Allocate+ in the lead up to and the day of the exams as times and locations may change.
Don't save or cache a screenshot of your exam timetable as you may not have the most up to date version.
We do not give special consideration where you have misread or misunderstood the exam timetable and you may not be able to sit your exam at another time.
When is the final exam period?
Coordinated, final session exams are held at the end of Autumn, Spring and Summer Sessions. You can check for upcoming exam dates on the student dates page.
You will need to be available to sit exams during the entire exam period. Work commitments, holidays, or other social functions are not considered valid reasons for missing a final exam.
Please note: The University does not guarantee the exam for a particular unit will be scheduled at the campus where classes for that unit have been held.Related links
I'm missing an exam on my timetable
If an exam does not appear in your personalised timetable in Platform Web or Allocate+ it could mean that you either have an exam clash or the exam is being run by the School. You should contact the Assessment and Graduation Unit as soon as possible on 02 4736 0600 for further information.
I've got an exam clash
The University defines an exam clash as:
- two exams at the same time including any overlap
- less than one and a half hours between exams where they are held on the same campus
- insufficient travelling time (less than three hours) between exam venues at different campuses or off campus sites
- where you have more than three exams scheduled on two consecutive days. The University does not regard Friday or Saturday and the following Monday as consecutive days
- An evening exam that finishes after 8.30pm followed by a morning exam that starts before 9.30am on the next consecutive day
You must advise the Assessment and Graduation Unit of an exam clash no later than five working days after the date the exam timetable is published. You need to send an email (from your student email account) to the Assessment and Graduation Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will provide exam clash information to you via your student email account and your new exam arrangements will be outlined in the email advice.Related links
My exam is on a different campus than where I studied the unit
We endeavour to schedule your exam at the same campus you are enrolled for your unit. In exceptional circumstances, you may be required to sit your exam on a different campus. You must attend the campus location detailed on your exam timetable.