Student ID cards

How do I get my student ID card?

Once you have enrolled correctly in MySR, you can visit any Student Central to get your student ID card. You need to bring your student ID number with you, as well as a current Driver Licence, passport or other photo ID.

It should only take five minutes for your card to be prepared.

Online and distance students

If you are a Western Sydney University Online or distance education student, you will need to complete the External student ID card application form, available on the forms page or from any Student Central.

Make sure you follow the instructions at the top of the form carefully, paying particular attention to the correct way to provide your photograph.

You can submit your form by:

  • Posting the completed form and photograph to Student Central, Western Sydney University, Locked Bag 1797, PENRITH NSW 2751
  • Visiting any Student Central location on campus

Why do I need a student ID card?

You must have a student ID card and have it with you at all times when on campus. This photo ID is used for library and photocopier services, accessing campus computer labs and for identification purposes while on campus and in exams.

It is a misconduct offence if a student refuses or is unable to identify him/herself when asked to do so by an officer of the University (e.g. security officer, exam supervisor).

Replacement cards

If your card is lost or stolen, you will need to pay a $26.25 replacement fee. Payment for a replacement ID card can be made using the Onestop payment system. No fee applies if your card is malfunctioning or if you have changed your name, however you must return the previous card. If you do not return your previous card, you will be required to pay the $26.25 fee.

To collect your replacement card, take your Onestop receipt to a Student Central. You must attend Student Central in person.

Related links