- Applying to study
- New to Uni
- Important dates
- Fees and costs
Services and facilities
- - Student Central
- - Workshops, programs and online resources
- - Counselling Service
- - Disability Service
- - Student Welfare Service
- - Special Consideration
- - Student Legal Services
- - Chaplaincy
- - Student Representation & Participation
- - Student Academic Committees
- - International student support
- - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander student support
- - Online student support
- - Student facilities
- Online systems
- Exams and results
- Semi Permanent Unlimited Live
Student ID cards
As a Western Sydney University student you’ll need a student ID card for the duration of your studies.
You should have your student card with you whenever you visit any Western campus. Your student ID is used for library and photocopier services, accessing campus computer labs and for identification purposes while on campus and in exams.
Refusal or inability to identify yourself when asked to do so by an officer of the University (such as a security officer or exam supervisor) may be considered Student Misconduct.
How do I get my student ID card?
New on-campus students
Once you’ve enrolled correctly in MySR, you can apply online at onlineID.westernsydney.edu.au using your Western account (student ID and password) or at any Student Central to get your student ID card. You need to bring one of the following forms of photo identification, which includes your name and date of birth, when collecting your ID card. Valid forms of identification are:
- Current Australian Driver Licence
- Current International Driver Licence (provided it is in English, with correct name, photo, and date of birth)
- NSW Photo Card
- Current Passport
- High School Photo ID (provided it is in English and includes your correct name and date of birth)
Online and distance students
If you’re a Western Sydney University Online or distance education student, you’ll need to complete the External student ID card application form, available online or from any Student Central.
You can find specific instructions on how to provide your photograph at the top of the form.
Please submit your form by visiting any Student Central location on campus, or posting the completed form and photograph to Student Central, Western Sydney University, Locked Bag 1797, PENRITH NSW 2751.
If your card is lost or stolen, you’ll need to pay a $26 replacement fee. Payment for a replacement ID card can be made online at Onestop.
No fee applies if your card is malfunctioning or if you’ve changed your name, however you must return the previous card. If you don’t return your previous card, you’ll be required to pay the $26 fee.
To collect your replacement card, you’ll need to take your Onestop receipt in person to any Student Central.
If your student card expiry date has passed and you’re still a current Western student, bring your existing ID card to Student Central for a free replacement card.
Student ID photo guidelines
Here are a few guidelines to ensure we approve your photo when applying online:
- Plain, light-coloured background
- Head centred with a clear gap around the sides of the head, including hair
- Head straight to camera, eyes open, face not tilted to any other direction
- Eyes must show clearly through glasses - no reflections
- Must be a recent photo, no less than six months old
- Religious head coverings are acceptable, provided they do not cover your face
Why do I need a student ID card?
- Identification at Western Sydney campuses
If a University staff member asks to see your card you must present it.
- Identification at exams
You must take your card to all exams.
- Accessing the University Library
Present your card when borrowing and if requested by staff when using Library facilities.
- Printing and photocopying
Use your student card for all your printing and photocopying.
- Accessing secure areas (if required) Student cards enable access to approved secure areas of the University (if required), such as 24 hour computer labs.
Student ID card privacy statement
The University staff involved in authenticating your identity and issuing your card, as well as those people responsible for auditing, monitoring and maintenance of the database, will have access to the information you provide.
The information you provide as part of the issue of your student card will be stored in a secure database. It remains confidential at all times and will be destroyed securely. Please note that the photograph you provide will be destroyed within 90 days of the upload.
The provision of the information is voluntary. However, if you don’t provide any updated contact information the University may be unable to provide you with a student card through this online portal and you’ll need to make enquires with Student Central about alternatives available to you. The University relies on the accuracy of the information provided by you and is not responsible or liable for any errors arising out of inaccurate information provided by you.
To find out more about privacy and your rights to your personal information at the University, please visit https://www.westernsydney.edu.au/footer/privacy.
Need more information
For more information please contact Student Central on 1300 668 370 (Monday – Friday) or