- Applying to study
- New to Uni
- Important dates
- Fees and costs
- The Academy
Services and facilities
- - Student Central
- - Workshops, programs and online resources
- - Counselling Service
- - Disability Service
- - Student Welfare Service
- - Special Consideration
- - Student Legal Services
- - Chaplaincy
- - Student Representation & Participation
- - Student Academic Committees
- - International student support
- - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander student support
- - Online student support
- - Student facilities
- - Support for Student Veterans
- Online systems
- Student Misconduct Rule
- Semi Permanent Unlimited Live
- Western Digital Story Telling Project
Student ID cards
Due to restrictions in place for the health and safety of staff and the wider community, Student Central will not be issuing ID Cards using the normal process at this point in time. Any further updates will be announced on this page.
We are still here to help.
Please contact us via phone on 1300 668 370, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or live chat by clicking the icon on the bottom right of the page if you need any assistance.
How do I get my student ID card?
New commencing students
At this point in time Student Central will not be issuing physical ID Cards until further notice due to restrictions in place for the health and safety of staff and the wider community. If you need an ID Card, you can apply for a Temporary ID following the instructions below.
You can still access the Library with an expired Student ID Card for the time being. If you do feel that you need an ID Card and it cannot wait until we resume normal operations, please contact by emailing email@example.com outlining the reason you need your card urgently and we will assess your request. Please note that we will be issuing a Temporary ID Card (PDF) for the time being. Once we recommence face to face service, you can obtain a Replacement ID Card at one of our centres.
If your student card expiry date has passed and you’re still a current Western student, your card will have been extended 6 months automatically so you will not be needing a new ID Card at this point in time.
Online and distance students
If you do feel that you need an ID Card and it cannot wait until we resume normal operations resume, please contact us by ringing 1300 668 370 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org outlining the reason you need your card urgently and we will assess your request.
Student ID photo guidelines
Here are a few guidelines to ensure we approve your photo when applying online:
- Plain, light-coloured background
- Head centred with a clear gap around the sides of the head, including hair
- Head straight to camera, eyes open, face not tilted to any other direction
- Eyes must show clearly through glasses - no reflections
- Must be a recent photo, no less than six months old
- Religious head coverings are acceptable, provided they do not cover your face
Why do I need a student ID card?
- Identification at Western Sydney campuses
If a University staff member asks to see your card you must present it.
- Identification at exams
You must take your card to all exams.
- Accessing the University Library
Present your card when borrowing and if requested by staff when using Library facilities.
- Printing and photocopying
Use your student card for all your printing and photocopying.
- Accessing secure areas (if required) Student cards enable access to approved secure areas of the University (if required), such as 24-hour computer labs.
- Identification on Placement Students attending placement must carry their Student ID at all times and display when/where required.
- Identification at NSW Health Compliance Students must present their Student ID at NSW Health compliance appointments.
Student ID card privacy statement
The University staff involved in authenticating your identity and issuing your card, as well as those people responsible for auditing, monitoring and maintenance of the database, will have access to the information you provide.
The information you provide as part of the issue of your student card will be stored in a secure database. It remains confidential at all times and will be destroyed securely. Please note that the photograph you provide will be destroyed within 90 days of the upload.
The provision of the information is voluntary. However, if you don’t provide any updated contact information the University may be unable to provide you with a student card through this online portal and you’ll need to make enquires with Student Central about alternatives available to you. The University relies on the accuracy of the information provided by you and is not responsible or liable for any errors arising out of inaccurate information provided by you.
To find out more about privacy and your rights to your personal information at the University, please visit https://www.westernsydney.edu.au/footer/privacy.
Need more information?
For more information please contact the Student Infoline on 1300 668 370 (Monday – Friday) or