Applying to study
- - Undergraduate
- - Postgraduate
- - VET/UWS Pathways
- - Non-Award
- - Honours
- - Cross Institutional studies
- - Certifying documents
- - ATSI Alternative Entry Program
- - International Students
- - Scholarships
- - The College
- - Study Abroad
- - Subject Bonus Scheme
- - Regional Bonus Scheme
- - Higher Degree Research
- - Professional accreditation
- New to Uni
- Important dates
- Fees and costs
- Services and facilities
- Online systems
- Exams and results
- Semi Permanent Unlimited Live
- Western Digital Story Telling Project
- Inside The Academy
If you want to find out more about postgraduate courses at Western Sydney University, please visit the Postgraduate courses page or contact the Course Information Centre on 1300 897 669 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are completing your undergraduate degree at Western Sydney University you may be able to receive a direct offer into the Master of Teaching (Primary), Master of Teaching (Secondary) or Master of Teaching (Birth-5/Birth-12) with us. Visit the Transition to Teaching page for more information.
Transition to Urban Management and Planning
If you are completing your undergraduate pathway to Urban Management and Planning degree at Western Sydney University you may be able to receive a direct offer into the Master of Urban Management and Planning with us. Visit the Pathway to Urban Management and Planning page for more information.
What does postgraduate mean?
Postgraduate programs of study are designed for students who have completed an undergraduate course (such as a Bachelor's degree) in a related area. Postgraduate courses include Graduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas, Masters (by coursework or research) and Doctorates (PhD, DCA, DCR, DBA, EdD) and give students the opportunity to further their skills and qualifications in a particular area of specialisation. For more information on Masters by Research or Doctorates, please see the Higher Degree Research page.
Before you apply
Don't jeopardise your application! Make sure you:
- identify the course/s you wish to apply for in order of preference
- check the commencement date for the course/s you want to apply for
- check the application closing dates
- check whether you can apply direct to Western or need to apply through the Universities Admission Centre (UAC)
- check whether there are special admission requirements for your course
- include correctly certified copies of all necessary documents
- include additional information and/or supplementary forms where applicable such as a Statement of Service [PDF, 44Kb] (opens in a new window)
- contact the Course Information Centre on 1300 897 669 if you require further information
How do I apply?
You can only apply through UAC to the following courses:
- Master of Clinical Psychology
- Master of Professional Psychology
- Graduate Diploma in Psychology
If you are applying as an international student in any discipline, you need to apply through Western Sydney University International.
What can I apply for?
You can find a summary of the available courses in the 'search courses' button on the UAC website (opens in a new window). The summary includes the admission requirements, estimated tuition fees and identifies which courses have special admission requirements. Descriptions of the courses can be found in the Western Sydney University Handbook .
When you apply
Consider your preferences carefully. The University uses a preference-based system for postgraduate offers. This means you will receive only one offer for the course listed highest in your preferences for which you are eligible.
Make sure you regularly check the Course Updates page on the UAC website (opens in a new window) for the latest information, including new and cancelled courses and general course updates. The information on this page also applies to direct applications.
You will be notified by email of the outcome of your application. If successful, you will also be emailed information about how to enrol and pay your fees. Step by step information on accepting your offer and enrolling is available at the Starting at Western Sydney University webpage.