- Events, Workshops and Programs
- Disciplines using Maths
Support and Resources
- - Statistics Help (General)
- - Statistics Help (R Commander)
- - Arithmetic
- - Standard Derivatives
- - Standard Integrals
- - Hyperbolic Trigonometric Functions
- - Remainders and Quotients
- - SPSS Help
- - Logic Basics: AND, OR, NOT
- - Approximations: rounding and truncation
- - Mathematical Terminology
- - Proportional Reasoning
- - Number Sense
- - I Don't Get It
- - Percentages
- Contact the MESH team
- MESH Research
- Resources for Staff
Descriptive Statistics with R Commander
The following videos show how to extract basic descriptive statistics and construct histograms and box plots from simple data sets.
Instructions for calculating basic statistics (mean, standard deviation, median, quartiles, etc) from a data set.
Constructing graphical summaries of data in the form of histograms and simple box plots.
Constructing box plots for data categorised by a factor variable.