- Disciplines using Maths
Support and Resources
- - Statistics Help
- - Arithmetic
- - Standard Derivatives
- - Standard Integrals
- - Hyperbolic Trigonometric Functions
- - Remainders and Quotients
- - Logic Basics: AND, OR, NOT
- - Approximations: rounding and truncation
- - Mathematical Terminology
- - Proportional Reasoning
- - Number Sense
- Events, Workshops and Programs
- Maths Education Research
- Contact the MESH team
Descriptive Statistics with R Commander
The following videos show how to extract basic descriptive statistics and construct histograms and box plots from simple data sets.
Instructions for calculating basic statistics (mean, standard deviation, median, quartiles, etc) from a data set.
Constructing graphical summaries of data in the form of histograms and simple box plots.
Constructing box plots for data categorised by a factor variable.