- Events, Workshops and Programs
- Disciplines using Maths
- Support and Resources
- Contact the MESH team
- MESH Research
- Resources for Staff
National Numeracy Test
National Numeracy Test Information
Did you know that all Australian initial teacher education students must pass a National Numeracy (and Literacy) test before they can graduate as teachers? This applies to Early Childhood, Primary and Secondary teachers. Information and sample questions can be obtained from these sites:
- Literacy and numeracy Test for Initial Teacher Education Students - Information from the Test Provider
- Sample Questions - also provided by the Test Provider
- Literacy and Numeracy Test Information - from the Federal Government's Department of Education and Training
- Literacy and Numeracy Test for Initial Teacher Education Students - Question and Answers - Students - Information from the Federal Government
Preparing for the National Numeracy Test at WSU
At WSU, Master of Teaching students are required to pass the LANTITE test before commencing their final practicum. WSU Masters’ students must also pass the School of Education Numeracy Task before doing their first practicum.
If it is a while since you have studied maths, or you are concerned that your numeracy skills may not be adequate, you should start to prepare early.
The following avenues of assistance are available:
- MESH Maths and Stats Help - open to all WSU students
- MESH Workshops - developed for WSU Masters students
- Pathway to Teaching Numeracy Support - vUWS site offers LANTITE preparation materials including a Diagnostic quiz, Practice quiz, Practice questions and Self-learn resources. For WSU Pathway to Teaching and Master of Teaching students (student login required).
- Improve Your Maths vUWS site provides refresher material for a wide variety of mathematics and statistics topics - student login required
Test your numeracy skills
Try this online quiz (opens in a new window) for an indication of the type of questions you can expect.