- Future Now | Securing Digital Success 2018-2020
- IT maintenance planned outages
- IT Service Desk
- Email and Related Services
- Western WiFi Wireless Network
- IT Contracts
- Computer Laboratories
- Australian Access Federation
- IT Finance and Procurement
- Service Improvements
- Staff Software Benefits
- Cyber Security
- COVID-19: ITDS Advice, Guides and Support
- Getting Connected: Off Campus
- Multi-Factor Authentication
- Return to Campus: Ready, Tech, Go
- Adobe Acrobat Sign
- Direct to Desk
- Windows 10 Upgrade 2022
- Grade Centre
- OpenVPN Phase-Out
Staff Software Benefits
Western Sydney University has long been identified as a University of the people. We value the contributions made by our staff and recognise that they underpin our mission and values.
This site has been developed to provide you with further information on the many software benefits available to Western Sydney University staff.
Staff Advantage (Free)
Staff can now download and install Microsoft Office for free, on up to five devices. To learn more about the Staff Advantage initiative, please visit the Staff Advantage website (opens in a new window), where you will find guides on how to install Office on your device, details of what to expect in the new Staff Office 365 portal, and FAQs.
Endnote X9 is available for free for WSU staff via Software Center.
Special software discounts are offered to our University staff, through an intermediary software licensing provider. Staff can purchase licenses to a range of products, such Windows operating systems, Adobe Creative Cloud subscriptions, or IBM SPSS, at a fraction of the retail cost.
On the Hub Staff Software Benefits (opens in a new window) website - be sure to select the Faculty/Staff tab, then the different brand tabs to see all that is available.
To comply with licensing agreements, the following caveats apply:
- You must be employed on a permanent basis at Western Sydney University. Staff of affiliates, visitors, contractors, casuals, or consultants are not eligible for this offer.
- Software licences purchased through this portal are for personal purposes only, and not for commercial use.
- In the event of licence breach, the software companies reserve the right to take legal action.
- Software licence continuity is limited to a current permanent staff status at Western Sydney University. Licences will no longer be applicable to an individual once this status changes. In this case, software should be removed from computers to avoid licensing breaches.
Need further assistance?
If you need further advice about staff software for home use, please raise a ticket with the IT Service Desk by: