- Future Now | Securing Digital Success 2018-2020
- IT maintenance planned outages
- IT Service Desk
- Email and Related Services
- Western WiFi Wireless Network
- IT Contracts
- Computer Laboratories
- Australian Access Federation
- IT Finance and Procurement
- Service Improvements
- Staff Software Benefits
- Cyber Security
- COVID-19: ITDS Advice, Guides and Support
- Getting Connected: Off Campus
- Multi-Factor Authentication
- Return to Campus: Ready, Tech, Go
- Adobe Acrobat Sign
- Direct to Desk
- Windows 10 Upgrade 2022
- Grade Centre
- OpenVPN Phase-Out
Tap and go on any campus! Printing is now that easy!
Welcome to PrintSmart, a modern way to Print.
Why the move to PrintSmart
PrintSmart, a Follow-Me Print solution, will help reshape printing at Western, making us more mobile and environmentally friendly whilst improving the user experience. Once registered, you can tap any PrintSmart printer and go.
There are many benefits, including:
- Printing over the WiFi is now available.
- Improving our Green Credentials, supporting Western’s Sustainability Agenda.
- Supports a Mobile Workforce.
- Improved Security.
Procurement Corporate Service (PCS), partnered with Information Technology and Digital Services (ITDS), will roll out the new PrintSmart service. As a result, the new consolidated print fleet will be deployed across our campus network, initially for staff, until the end of 2022. Printers for students will start in 2023.
Which Campus is next?
Our team has placed a list of campuses with estimated dates. We will confirm the dates as the rollout progresses.
The PrintSmart Project team will reach out to respective areas before, during and after rollout to ensure minimal impact on staff.
Please download the list of printers that will be updated, removed or replaced on the respective printers, located on the right-hand menu.
How does PrintSmart work
When you use PrintSmart for the first time, you must set it up in two simple steps.
- Connect your computer to the network; and
- Register/enrol your Staff/Student ID card on any printer (only once and at any Printer for you to use university-wide).
Now, by swiping your card and selecting 'jobs', you will see your own queue of print jobs where you can release your work. You will have 24 hours to collect your work, and if not in that time, PrintSmart will delete the job in the queue.
Please see Need Help? above if you need further assistance. We will use this site to update you with information, guides, and further help. You can also contact the ITDS Service Desk.
Our ITDS staff will roll out PrintSmart in the next couple of months; please click on the link to see if the schedule is available. This schedule is a guide, and dates are subject to change. Please refer back for regular updates, as we will be updating regularly. Please download the relevant campus schedule.