- IT maintenance planned outages
- IT Service Desk
- Email and Related Services
- Western WiFi Wireless Network
- IT Contracts
- Computer Laboratories
- Australian Access Federation
- Service Improvements
- Staff Software Benefits
- COVID-19: ITDS Advice, Guides and Support
- Getting Connected: Off Campus
- Multi-Factor Authentication
- Return to Campus: Ready, Tech, Go
- Adobe Acrobat Sign
- Direct to Desk
- Windows 10 Upgrade 2022
- Grade Centre
- OpenVPN Phase-Out
- Contact Centre Project
- CloudStor Decommissioning
What is Citrix?
Citrix Workspace is software that delivers the business technology that creates a simple, secure and better way to work from anywhere and on any device. By using Citrix, you can access a Windows desktop managed by the University. By doing so, you will be able to run University applications without installing them directly on your device. Once you install the Citrix Workspace app, you can access the other applications via the internet as if they were installed on your device.
What does this mean for you?
Citrix provides a secure, reliable, supported, and positive experience for all users, particularly those using a Mac and tablet (iPad and Android). They have some compatibility issues when accessing network folders, MS Office, and other applications, and Citrix allows you to access many of those services.
- This means that you interact with an office computer as if you were sitting in front of it, with university-managed applications that are secure and reliable.
- The internet connection at your remote location needs to be reliable for remote desktop access to get the best user experience.
- Video, audio, and microphone use may be unreliable if the above is not working.
In ITDS we have created some resources to help you use Citrix, if you do need access to University managed Windows desktop. You can see our Getting Connected: Off-Campus(opens in a new window) page for further help to see if you need it.
Knowledge Base Articles (KBA) in WesternNow
How Do I Access Citrix? KB0014262(opens in a new window)
Citrix Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) KB0017673(opens in a new window)
We're working with Citrix to create four videos to help you navigate how to use Citrix. You will find them on the right-hand side buttons up above once they are available.
IT Service Desk
You can contact the IT Service Desk via:
MyIT portal: http://myit.westernsydney.edu.au (including Live Chat)
Phone: (02) 9852 5111 or ext 5111