- - Vice-Chancellor and President
- - Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Provost
- - Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice-President (Academic)
- - Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Indigenous Leadership)
- - Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice-President (Research, Enterprise and International)
- - Vice-President (Finance and Resources)
- - Vice-President (People and Advancement)
- - Pro Vice-Chancellor (Engagement and Advancement)
- - Pro Vice-Chancellor (Global Development)
- - Pro Vice-Chancellor (International)
- - Pro Vice-Chancellor (Learning Futures)
- - Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research)
- - Pro Vice-Chancellor, Strategy, Government and Alliances
- - Dean, School of Business
- - Dean, School of Computer, Data and Mathematical Sciences and Lead Dean - Information and Communication Technology
- - Dean, School of Education, Lead Dean - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education
- - Dean, School of Engineering, Design and Built Environment
- - Dean, School of Health Sciences
- - Dean, School of Humanities and Communication Arts
- - Dean, School of Law
- - Dean, School of Medicine
- - Dean, School of Nursing and Midwifery
- - Dean, School of Psychology
- - Interim Dean, School of Science
- - Dean, School of Social Sciences
- - Dean, Graduate Research School
- - CEO, The College
- - Chief Estate and Commercial Officer
- - Chief Financial Officer
- - Chief Information and Digital Officer
- - Chief Student Experience Officer
- Vice-Chancellor and President
- Board of Trustees
- Academic Senate
- Office of Governance Services
- Western Sydney University Strategic Plan
- Professoriate Leadership Group
- Contact Us
- Corpus Strategic Funding Areas
Dean, School of Business
Professor Amir Mahmood
Professor Amir Mahmood joined Western Sydney University as Dean, School of Business in October 2018. He holds a Master and a PhD in Economics from the University of Manitoba, Canada. Before joining Western Sydney University, he was the Pro Vice-Chancellor of the University of Newcastle (UON) in Singapore and the Chief Executive Officer of UON Singapore. Professor Mahmood led UON Singapore to win the inaugural EducationInvestor Asia ‘Higher Education Institution of the Year” in 2018. Prior to his UON Singapore appointment, he held a number of senior academic leadership positions at UON, including the interim Pro Vice-Chancellor (Business & Law), Deputy Head of Faculty (Business & Law), Interim Pro Vice-Chancellor (International & Advancement), Assistant Dean International, Director Executive and Corporate Programs, Deputy and interim Head of Newcastle Graduate School of Business.
With extensive experience in Australian and international higher education systems, Professor Mahmood is an established leader in the area of internationalisation of higher education. Over the years, he has successfully negotiated, implemented and managed international collaborative initiatives across a range of cultural, linguistic, political and economic contexts in the Asia Pacific region.
A recipient of the Australian Government Endeavour Malaysia Research Fellowship, Professor Mahmood has an active research track record in the field of economics, business and management.
His research excellence is reflected in his research leadership and outcomes, which include edited books and book chapters, refereed journal articles, conference papers, invited addresses to international forums, PhD research supervision, and collaborative research projects and grants. His recent engaged research with impact include work in areas such as SMEs in Malaysia and Indonesia, mental health and productivity in Singapore, microfinance and poverty alleviation in the Philippines, disaster management in South Asia, and international trade in services in the ASEAN region.
Professor Mahmood has also worked on projects funded by international and national organisations such as the World Bank, Agriculture Canada/Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA), the Department for International Development (DFID, UK), and the Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) Institute, Singapore.
Over the years Professor Mahmood has taught at undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral level across economics, international business and general management areas in Australia, Canada, Malaysia, Singapore, and Hong Kong. He has also provided academic leadership in curriculum design, subject and program development, program reviews and international accreditations.
Contact the Dean of Business
Telephone: (02) 9685 9083