- - Vice-Chancellor and President
- - Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Provost
- - Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice-President (Academic)
- - Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Indigenous Leadership)
- - Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice-President (Research, Enterprise and International)
- - Senior Vice-President
- - Vice-President (People and Advancement)
- - Vice-President (Infrastructure and Commercial)
- - Vice President (Finance) and Chief Financial Officer
- - Cluster PVC (Health and Medicine)
- - Cluster PVC (Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences)
- - Cluster PVC (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics)
- Vice-Chancellor's Advisory Board
- Vice-Chancellor and President
- Board of Trustees
- Academic Senate
- Office of Governance Services
- Western Sydney University Strategic Plan
- Professoriate Leadership Group
- Contact Us
- Corpus Strategic Funding Areas
Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice-President (Academic)
Professor Simon Barrie
Professor Simon Barrie is the Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice President (Academic) at Western Sydney University. He is a member of the Senior Executive Group and responsible for providing leadership of the University’s academic portfolio.
He leads strategic educational innovation at Western Sydney to deliver the University’s commitment to ensuring its students fulfill their potential to become influential global citizen-scholars in a technology-enabled world. His expertise is in innovatively engaging university communities to deliver new ways to sustainably enact the ‘idea of the university’ in a rapidly changing world.
Professor Barrie has worked in the field of Higher Education for 30 years and is an award-winning teacher with an international reputation for his leadership and research on the transformative potential of higher education. He has led major national research and development projects to support universities in the renewal of their educational programs to meet the needs of a new generation of learners and an uncertain future. His work links the learning demands of the new knowledge economy and the imperatives of sustainability and resilience, with educational innovation in new learning ecosystems.
He thrives on the challenges of transformative educational change.
Contact the Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice-President (Academic)
Senior Executive Assistant
Telephone; (02) 9685 8116