- - Vice-Chancellor and President
- - Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor
- - Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice-President (Academic)
- - Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice-President (Research, Enterprise and International)
- - Vice-President (People and Advancement)
- - Vice-President (Finance and Resources)
- - Pro Vice-Chancellor (International)
- - Pro Vice-ChancellorAboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education, Strategy and Consultation
- - Pro Vice-Chancellor (Learning Futures)
- - Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research)
- - Pro Vice-Chancellor (Global Development)
- - Chief Information and Digital Officer
- - Chief Student Experience Officer
- - Dean, School of Business
- - Dean, School of Built Environment
- - Dean, School of Computer, Data and Mathematical Sciences and Lead Dean - Information and Communication Technology
- - Dean, School of Education, Lead Dean - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education
- - Dean, School of Engineering
- - Dean, School of Humanities and Communication Arts
- - Dean, School of Law
- - Dean, School of Medicine
- - Dean, School of Nursing and Midwifery
- - Dean, School of Psychology
- - Dean, School of Science
- - Dean, School of Health Sciences
- - Dean, School of Social Sciences
- - CEO, The College
- Vice-Chancellor and President
- Board of Trustees
- Academic Senate
- Office of Governance Services
- Mission, Goals and Strategic Plan
- Contact Us
- Corpus Strategic Funding Areas
Vice-Chancellor and President
Professor Barney Glover AO
Professor Barney Glover AO is the fourth Vice-Chancellor of Western Sydney University. A distinguished academic leader, an accomplished mathematician and mathematics educator and an experienced Vice-Chancellor, Professor Glover assumed his position at Western Sydney University in January 2014. Professor Glover is leading Western Sydney University as the institution strives to become a distinctively student-centred university with a research-led culture and an expanding international reach and reputation, while enhancing its crucial role as a leading advocate for the Greater Western Sydney region and its people.
In January 2019, Professor Glover was appointed an Officer of the Order of Australia (AO) for distinguished service to tertiary education, to professional associations, and to cultural organisations. Professor Glover was awarded the title of Emeritus Professor by Charles Darwin University (CDU) in 2015, in recognition of his outstanding leadership during his tenure as Vice-Chancellor of CDU.
Professor Glover is the Australian Government representative on the University of the South Pacific Grants Committee, and President of the Board of Trustees of the Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences Trust. He was Chair of Universities Australia from 2015 – 2017 and Chair of Rare Voices Australia from 2013 – 2016. Professor Glover holds current appointments as a Board Member of the Australian American Fulbright Commission, the Committee for Sydney, the NSW Innovation and Productivity Council, the NSW Arts and Culture Advisory Committee, the NSW Accelerating R&D Advisory Council and Westpac Scholars Ltd which is trustee for the Westpac Scholars Trust. He was previously a Board Member of Education Services Australia until 2016 and has also served on the boards of a diverse range of corporate organisations and several state and national centres covering areas such as health and medical research, energy, mineral exploration, and telecommunications.
Before relocating to the Northern Territory in 2009 to take up appointment as the Vice-Chancellor of CDU, Professor Glover held a number of senior roles in various universities throughout Australia including: Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Research at the University of Newcastle; Pro Vice-Chancellor, Research and Development at Perth’s Curtin University of Technology, and senior positions at the University of Ballarat in Victoria. Building research infrastructure, strategic partnerships and fostering a culture of research excellence alongside the successful commercialisation of University Intellectual Property have been hallmarks of Professor Glover’s long tenure in senior executive roles within the Australian higher education sector.
Professor Glover is a leader in the development of flexible, technology-based learning and in furthering Indigenous knowledge and education. He has considerable experience in developing strong and mutually beneficial relationships with the vocational education sector. Professor Glover has a strong research publication record and has co-authored four texts in mathematics education. Throughout his career, he has demonstrated a deep commitment to widening participation and exploring innovative approaches to higher education access. Professor Glover holds a PhD in Applied Mathematics.
Professor Glover is a Fellow of the Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering (FTSE), a Fellow of the Royal Society of NSW (FRSN), and a Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (MAICD).
Contact the Vice-Chancellor and President
Principal Executive Assistant to the Vice-Chancellor and President
Telephone: (02) 9683 8122