- Our People
- Engineering Courses
- Built Environment Courses
- Engagement, News and Events
- Solar Car Website
- - Australian Housing Supply Chain Alliance (AHSCA)
- - Centre for Smart Modern Construction
- - Sustainable Construction Management and Education (SCME)
- - Work Health and Safety Management using Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- - Linked semantic platforms for social & physical infrastructure & wellbeing
- - Advanced Materials and Smart Structures (AMSS)
- - Centre for Infrastructure Engineering
- - Areas of Expertise and Consultancy
- - Geotechnical, Water and Environmental Engineering Research
- - Intelligent & Sustainable Electrical Systems
- - Robotics, Vision and Signal Processing (RVSP)
- - Solar Energy Technologies
- Work Integrated Learning
- Contact the School
- Higher Degree Research
- Alumni and Industry
- Women Transforming the Built Environment
- Dean's Merit List Recipients
- Indigenous Strategic Plan
The mission of SET is the development of novel systems (materials and devices) for solar energy conversion that are based on oxide semiconductors.
The mission also includes education in the area of sustainable energy. The R&D program is focused on the development of photocatalysts for water purification using solar energy and photoelectrodes for the generation of solar-hydrogen fuel.
The program also involves the development of oxide semiconductors for a wide range of environmentally friendly applications, such as antiseptic, anti-fungi and self-cleaning coating as well as chemical gas sensors for pollution and greenhouse gases.
The research strategy aims at understanding the effect of light on reactivity of oxide semiconductors with water leading to partial and total water oxidation.