Intersect Online Training: Introduction to Research Data Management at Western Sydney: Online
- Event Name
- Intersect Online Training: Introduction to Research Data Management at Western Sydney: Online
- 18 November 2022
- 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Address (Room): Zoom
As a Western Sydney University researcher or HDR Candidate, is important to understand your responsibilities around the management of your research data.
The University’s Research Data Management Policy requires all researchers and HDR candidates to develop a Research Data Management Plan (RDMP) prior to starting research at the University.
A RDMP will help you think proactively about your project and the data that will be produced, including how it will be collected, organised, managed, stored, preserved, shared and possibly published during and after your research project.
In this workshop you will learn more about the process of creating a comprehensive RDMP, including:
- How to access and submit an RDMP on ResearchDirect
- How to manage your research data according to legal, statutory, ethical, funding body and university requirements.
- Research data storage options at Western Sydney University
- The importance of update and review of your RDMP
- The benefits of publication and re-usability of research data
- How to access support with research data management planning
Co-presented by: Library, Intersect, ITDS
Speakers: Tracy Donelly (Research Services Manager), Jeff Wang (Intersect eResearch Analyst for WSU), ITDS
Web page: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/introduction-to-research-data-management-at-western-sydney-online-registration-349373835547
Name: Jeff Wang
Phone: 0456 269 623
School / Department: Research Services