- Research at Western
- For Researchers
- Business Services
- Research Integrity and Ethics
- Centralised Research Facilities
- Research Participation Opportunities
- Research Services Update
- Contact us
Centralised Research Facilities
Western Sydney University has an array of specialist research facilities and a wide range of high end scientific equipment to support research and business communities.
This equipment is available to both internal and external academics, students and industry. Each facility offers a range of commercial services to industry, these services can range from supervised access, fee-for-service or collaborative work.
Whether you are a researcher or an industry expert, our state-of-the-art instrumentation will help you keep on the cutting edge of research in a broad variety of fields or promote your business through these high-end analyses.
Our capabilities for characterisation, imaging and microanalysis are unique and can offer insights into the development of new materials and pharmaceuticals, in chemical and forensic analysis, and in plant and animal samples.
The University's Centralised Research Facilities include:
- The Advanced Materials Characterisation (AMC) Facility
- Greenhouse Research Education Training Facility
- Biomedical Magnetic Resonance (BMR) Facility
- Mass Spectrometry Facility
- Next Generation Sequencing Facility
Our modern research facilities are located across our easily accessible campuses in Sydney's Greater West.
For more information about these specialist facilities and to contact a facility manager to discuss your needs, please visit the individual facility pages. Research Services staff work closely with Facility Managers to support your organisation's needs.
- Facilities Instrumentation List (PDF, 206.9 KB) (opens in a new window)
- AMC Facility Guide (PDF, 142.86 KB) (opens in a new window)
- NGS Facility Guide (PDF, 940.41 KB) (opens in a new window)
- BMR Facility Guide (PDF, 174.07 KB) (opens in a new window)
- Mass Spec Facility Guide (PDF, 199.75 KB) (opens in a new window)