- Teaching Support
- - Looking for Professional Learning and Development?
- - Rewards and Recognition
- - Course Leaders Forum
- - Digital U
- Curriculum Renewal
- The 21C Project
- Sustainability Education
- Contact Us
Am I eligible to do the program as a post-doc researcher?
As a postdoc research fellow with no current teaching responsibilities, you're not required to complete the program, but you can still enrol. However, given that the program is structured around a work-based project, you have to work out what would be a suitable (and useful) project. For example, you might be able to use the program to work on communicating your research to non-specialists.
Is the program available for sessional teaching staff?
However, sessional teaching staff can enrol in the Foundations program, if they think it would benefit their current or future work. The program is designed around a project that contributes to the participant's mainstream teaching responsibilities, so there is no time allowance. Successful completion can add to a portfolio of evidence of professional teaching practice.
I just want access to the vUWS online modules, but don't need to enrol the whole program
We have six modules available in the current program vUWS site. Each one has a final assignment, in most cases designed to align with project work. But you could use your own work examples instead if you want to submit something and get some feedback.
How and when do I enrol in the next program?
- From Staff OnLine (opens in a new window), select MyCareer Online from the menu bar (a separate browser page will open)
- On the MyCareer Online home page, type "Foundations" into the Search box in the top right hand corner and press enter (or click the magnifying glass)
- From the search results, click on the title of the course you are interested in
- To register, click Request next to the session that you wish to attend.
For the next program
Program details (opens in a new window) are available now.
Can I use something I've already planned and am introducing this semester as my Foundations project?
I'm developing a whole degree program. How can I use the project to support this?
I'm not coordinating a study unit, just running tutorials/lab sessions/work placements. Can I still do a project?
f you have any additional questions about the program, please contact the Learning Futures Team at LearningFutures@westernsydney.edu.au