- Teaching Support
- - Looking for Professional Learning and Development?
- - Rewards and Recognition
- - Course Leaders Forum
- - Digital U
- Curriculum Renewal
- The 21C Project
- Sustainability Education
- Contact Us
Sessional Staff Teaching and Learning Program
Development Opportunity for New Sessional Academic Staff
The Sessional Staff Teaching and Learning Program aims to orient new sessional staff to learning and teaching at Western; assist them in developing active learning environments with their students and; support staff with using enquiry-oriented methods to frame individual professional development goals as sessional academics. The program runs twice a year during autumn and spring semesters.
What is the Program about?
The Program is designed to support new sessional academic staff to
- Examine their students' engagement in learning to adapt their approaches to teaching
- Identify strategies to improve responsiveness to culturally diverse learning environments
- Track down some of the different technological platforms available at WSU to support teaching and learning to consider how they might be used to improve the educational experience
- Use research-informed guidelines on effective feedback to reflect on the approaches to assessment within their units
- Locate a variety of sources of feedback on their teaching and their students' learning to inform their work in unit and course teams
- Exchange strategies and sources of support with other academic colleagues
This Program is facilitated through a flipped delivery mode where attendees are required to:
- complete online modules which focus on teaching practice (1 hour)
- attend an interactive, participant-focused workshop (2 hours).
NOTE: Non-completion of the online module activities by the required completion date will result in exclusion from the workshop.
Register for Autumn 2021
Date: 17 March, 2021
Location: PC-01.4.55 and online via Zoom
If you plan to take part in Autumn 2021 program, you must register by 13 March 2021 through MyCareer Online (type 'Sessional’ in the search window and select 'Sessional Staff Teaching and Learning Program').
Register your interest for Spring 2021
Workshop Dates: TBC
Time and Location: TBC
Register your interest today(opens in a new window)
If you have any additional questions about the program, contact Learning Futures.