Mental Health & Wellbeing Strategy
The Western Sydney University Mental Health and Wellbeing Strategy outlines the promotion of wellbeing and positive mental health within the University community. The strategy details the University's approaches to identify mental health changes at the earliest possible stage and highlights the mechanisms of support for those impacted by mental ill-health within both the student and staff population. It aims to provide a strategic and sustainable approach to mental health and wellbeing across the University that is based on best practice; to identify priorities for staff and students and to share resources whilst avoiding duplication.
Five Pillars of the strategy:
- Promote positive mental health and wellbeing
- Improve mental health/ill-health literacy
- Support people in the University community who are experiencing mental health difficulties/mental ill-health
- Provide organisational responses that support mental health and well being
- Research and Evaluate
Mental Health and Wellbeing Strategy Group
The Mental Health and Wellbeing Strategy Group oversee the development, implementation and evaluation of the Mental Health & Wellbeing Strategy. They work with different areas of the University to meet the objectives of the strategy, which include the coordination of mental health and wellbeing activities, projects and resources and increasing awareness of mental health and wellbeing.
The Mental Health and Wellbeing Strategy Group is the Operational Group for four strategic working groups. The first three are associated with the NSW Population Health, Nepean Blue Mountains and Western Sydney Local Health Districts partnerships:
- Alcohol & Other Drugs and Sexual Health Working Group
- Healthy Lifestyles Working Group
- Transcultural Working Group
The Mental Health and Wellbeing Strategy Group may advise on other matters as appropriate, including current and emerging issues, trends, themes and research relating to mental health and wellbeing.
- Mental Health and Wellbeing Strategy Group Terms of Reference [PDF, 45.15 KB] (opens in a new window)
- Mental Health and Wellbeing Strategy Group Governance Diagram [PDF, 115.6 KB] (opens in a new window)
- MHWB Strategy Group Operating Plan [PDF, 179.92 KB] (opens in a new window)
Current themes and related projects of the Mental Health and Wellbeing Strategy
- Mental Health Month
- Mental Health and Wellbeing webpages (including resources)
- R U OK Day
- Towards Smoke Free
- Get Healthy
- Fit & Strong
Contact usFor more information on our MHWb Strategy Group and Working Groups, please fill in our enquiry form and we will get back to you shortly. Alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to get in contact with our Counselling Service or Disability Service, please contact 1300 668 370