- Mental Health & Wellbeing Strategy
- - Get Healthy Information & Coaching Service
- - Go4Fun
- - Fit & Strong Challenge
- - Mental health meanings
- - Health and physical wellbeing
- - Respect.Now.Always.
- - Counselling Service
- - Australia and New Zealand University Mental Health Day
- - Lifeline Training
- - Anxiety Forum
- - Wellness Walk
- - Sports Inclusion Program
- - Early Intervention in Psychosis Forum
- - ONETalk Forums: Early Intervention in Psychosis
- - Carers Forum
- - Sexual Health Training
- - 10 Tips to Stress Less Competition
- - Lifeline CSWT Fast-track Program
- Mental Health & Wellbeing resources
- Mental Health & Wellbeing training
- Contact the Mental Health & Wellbeing team
Walk with us for social change on the 13 October 2019!
What is the Wellness Walk?
Come and join the Western Wellness Walkers Team in our fourth year participating in the Wellness Walk!
It’s a fantastic opportunity for colleagues, peers and soon-to-be- friends to go for a walk, increase physical activity and enjoy Sydney’s best sights, while showing your support and advocating for people living with mental illness, their families and carers.
The act of walking reflects that living with mental illness is a step-by-step one-at-a-time process. The organisers position ‘Crossing Sydney Harbour Bridge signifies bridging the gap by moving from stigma to understanding’. Walking together as a community, acknowledges that mental health is everyone’s business and we as a community can support social change and build capacity of those suffering.
Join the Western Team
Western Sydney University’s Western Wellness Walkers have been participating in the Wellness Walk since 2016. The Walk coincides with our Mental Health and Wellbeing Month promotions and reinforces the messages we support around building a sense of community.
In the past we have been awarded biggest team! Help us reach that goal this year again!
Registrations for the walk for individuals are $30, but this year the university will be funding 100 positions for current students to participate in the Wellness Walk as part of our Mental Health and Wellbeing Month activations.
Be a part of the team! Be a part of social change! Have a great day out with colleagues and friends to help reduce the stigma surrounding mental health while taking in the beautiful sights of Sydney. Promote help seeking by normalising conversations on mental health and contributing to building the capacity of our community to be health promoting.
Don’t forget to hang around for the festival at the end of the event with prizes, live music and a well-earned sausage sizzle on the picturesque grounds of the Government House, Sydney. Last year, we took out the award for the biggest team!
Date: Sunday 13 October 2019
Time: Meeting with Western Team at 08:00am - Walk starts at 09:00am
Location: Government House for start and finish
Route: 5.9km walk across the Sydney Harbour Bridge
To join the Western Wellness Walkers team and claim your funded position, please:
- Read and accept the One Doors Participant Waiver Form. Participant Waiver Form can be accessed here, 2019 Wellness Walk Participant Waiver Form
- Complete the registration form to receive your Event Ticket. Eventbrite registration accessed here, Wellness Walk Registrations.
Please use Password: MHWB to register
Funded places are strictly limited to the first 100 current WSU students registering. To register you will need to use your Western Sydney University student number.
- For more information for the Wellness Walk, please visit the Western Wellness Walk.
- For frequently asked questions, please visit 2019 FAQs
- For more information on joining the Western Team, please contact Andrea Earl, Mental Health and Wellbeing Student Assistant
- For more information on other student mental health and wellbeing initiatives on campus, please join the student Facebook Group: Western Sydney U – Mental Health and Wellbeing or our Instagram Group: WSUWellbeing