Campus Provost Grants
To apply for a Campus Provost Grant for Bankstown, Campbelltown, Liverpool, Nirimba/Sydney Olympic Park, Parramatta City, Parramatta South or Penrith campuses, please complete the online Grant Application Form.
Applications for the Hawkesbury Campus should be directed to the Hawkesbury Provost Secretary, Vanessa Gersbach.
As part of Western Sydney University's commitment to enhancing the vibrancy of each of its campuses, the University has established Campus Provost Committees to meet the diverse needs of the particular campus.
The Campus Provost Committees are chaired by the Campus Provost and draws membership from staff and students located on the respective campuses. The Committee is the peak advisory body to the Campus Provost and student campus councils on matters relating to campus life.
Campus Provost Grants are open to students, staff, or organized groups. If you have any ideas for a more vibrant and engaging campus for students and staff which might include (and is not limited to) cultural, social, educational and recreational events, publications and exhibitions, please submit them to the Committee. Please note, funding will not be given to activities that are part of the core business of the university. Some ideas of previous events include:
- Morning teas (such as Australia Day, Valentines Day, Pink Ribbon Day, Halloween etc)
- Fruit Baskets in common areas
- Exercise classes (such as Yoga, Pilates, Bootcamp etc)
- Meet and Greet get together for staff and students with a theme (could include guest speakers, food vendors etc)
- Celebrations of religious events
The Campus Provost Committees play a key role in the administration of the Campus Provost Grants, an initiative that aims to:
- Builds and maintain links between Western Sydney University and its external communities, and
- Provides a more vibrant and engaging campus for staff and students.
Grant applications can be received at any time throughout the year (should there be a high-volume of applications the budget allocation may be exhausted at any time during the year). Projects need to be carried out within the calendar year that it has been applied for, as funding does not roll over to the following year.
Grants are available up to $500 per event. Consideration may be given to applications requiring a grant of between $500 to $1000 where there is a sufficiently strong case to do so.