Nirimba campus Provost
A message from Dr Nicolene Murdoch, Provost, Nirimba campus
The Nirimba campus of Western Sydney University forms part of the Nirimba Education Precinct.
The Precinct is a multi-institutional educational campus and was established in 1995 with the intent to leverage the various partners' expertise to provide flexible opportunities for post compulsory education for the students of Greater Western Sydney. With a focus on excellence, innovation and collaborative approaches to educational offerings, the Precinct partners are able to provide a unique learning experience and various pathways opportunities on a single campus.
Partners in the Precinct include:
- NSW Department of Education and Training (as represented by Wyndham College)
- TAFE NSW - Nirimba College
- The Catholic Education Office (as represented by St John Paul II Catholic College)
- Western Sydney University (as represented by The College).
It is this shared precinct concept that in many ways makes the Nirimba site unique.
Joint activities on the campus are governed by a Board with representation from all parties and a rotating chair. The Board strategy is implemented through two subcommittees, one focused on educational innovation and opportunities, and the other on operational matters.
One highly notable current cross precinct activity is the Tertiary Access Program - Nirimba Education Precinct (opens in a new window).
The campus is located on Eastern Road, Quakers Hill. Eastern Road leads straight into the entrance of the Nirimba Education Precinct. It's easy to travel to and from the Nirimba campus using public transport. Find out more about your travel options on the Getting to Uni webpage.
- Nirimba campus map [PDF, 181Kb] (opens in a new window)
- Nirimba campus (full site) map [PDF, 161Kb] (opens in a new window)
The following services are available on the Nirimba campus:
- Badanami Centre for Indigenous Education
- The College (opens in a new window) Student Centre, Administration office
- Western Sydney University Services and Facilities - canteen, bookshop and retail outlet
- A Swimming Pool
- Student Accommodation - Western Sydney University Village (opens in a new window)
- Library (opens in a new window)
- Campus Safety & Security (opens in a new window) (first aid)
Safety on campus
If you are concerned about your safety on a campus at any time, please contact Nirimba Campus Safety & Security on 02 9852 4001 to request an escort between buildings, or to or from on-campus transport points and car parks.