School of Built Environment
- Our People
- Built Environment Courses
- Work Integrated Learning
- - Australian Housing Supply Chain Alliance (AHSCA)
- - Centre for Smart Modern Construction
- - Sustainable Construction Management and Education (SCME)
- - Work Health and Safety Management using Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- - Higher Degree Research
- Women Transforming the Built Environment
- Contact us
Western Sydney business leader David Borger launches the Centre for Smart Modern Construction (c4SMC)
- Establishment of new c4SMC undergraduate scholarships to be awarded to the best of our undergraduate students. These are meritorious scholarships.
- To invest in new areas of SMC knowledge enquiry and research. As part of this endeavour we are establishing a series of Doctoral Scholarships to pursue research in SMC areas.
- The Centre will support bringing overseas academic leaders in SMC, to Western Sydney University for 2 to 3 months each year to share their insights directly with our academic team and with our industry investors.
- The fourth initiative will be to enable 1 or 2 of our academics to visit SMC hot-spots in various places around the world each year to foster knowledge transfer and build global and local networks.
- And finally, one our most exciting initiatives is the establishment of a SmartBuild-Lab on our Kingswood campus where we will create a full-scale construction demonstration platform. This live construction laboratory will available for industry collaborators to demonstrate, test and further develop their construction products and systems and make those available for students and academics for both teaching and research. Our focus will be on applied industry capability building.
David Chandler OAM
Adjunct Professor at Western Sydney University
18 December 2017