Centre for Smart Modern Construction (c4SMC)
c4SMC – Industry Solutions as a Service
An industry collaboration initiative embracing smart technologies and processes in delivering a modern construction industry.
To be a world-leading industry-focused construction research and training centre utilising concepts and technologies brought forward by the 4th Industrial Revolution.
To contribute to the development of a smart modern construction industry that is capable of dealing with the challenges of sustainability, digitalisation, industrialisation, supply chain, resilience, design, management & economics, and education, which are proactively responded to through academic, industry, professional bodies and government collaboration.
- Offer High Achiever construction management scholarships.
- Explore research grant opportunities.
- Host visiting academics and industry experts.
- Encourage academic and research exchange.
- Establish DigiCon lab: A state-of-the-art digital construction laboratory for research, development, and training solutions.
- Provide consultancy services to the construction sector.
- Upskill the construction sector with cutting-edge technologies.
- Develop policy directions for the construction sector.
- Provide a platform to engage with construction stakeholders.
- Conduct doctoral research.
- Develop a collaborative research culture that also engages the industry.