- Key people
- Our Staff
- Events and Workshops
- Higher Degree Research
- Honours in Law
- Kirby Cup
- Elder Law
- International Centre for Ocean Governance
- LLM (Int Gov)
- First Year Students
- Prizes and Scholarships
- PCJ Clinic
- Student Legal Services
- Sapere Aude Publication
- Giving and Philanthropy
- Law Focused Partnerships
- Graduate Diploma in Australian Migration Law
- Inside Western Law Newsletter
Higher Degree Research
The School of Law provides a supportive and engaged higher degree research culture. We offer postgraduate research degrees in our areas of research strengths: Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Master of Philosophy (MPhil) (Law) and Master of Research (MRes). We offer a coursework Masters of Law (International Governance) (LLM (Int Gov)). Further information may be found here about higher degree research at Western Sydney and about scholarships.
Western Sydney University, including the School of Law, is a partner institution in the Joint PhD Degree Human Rights, Society, and Multi-level Governance, a three-year, interdisciplinary, joint academic program managed by Universities in Australia, Croatia, Greece, Italy, coordinated by the University of Padova (Italy).
We welcome inquiries about supervision of higher degree research. If you are interested in applying to join our postgraduate program in the School of Law, please follow these steps:
- Develop a research proposal using the guide, and gather your relevant documents.
- Find a supervisor who matches your research interests, and email them directly to determine their availability to supervise your project.
- Email your proposal and relevant supporting documents to email@example.com
Once you have provided this information, we can consult the potential supervisors and invite you to make a provisional HDR application to Western Sydney University. Once your application is processed by the WSU Graduate Research School, we can confirm your application and invite you to enroll in the School of Law HDR program.