Winter School at Hanyang University in Korea
Hanyang International Winter School is one of Korea's biggest and most popular short term programs. In 2018, more than 2,000 students spent two weeks or four weeks in one of Korea's leading private universities. The course offers world-class education combined with a variety of unique cultural experiences. Credits can be transferred back to Western Sydney University upon approval of the academic course advisor, and students can have a unique experience of Korean culture.
- Country: Korea
- Host University: Hanyang University (through ISEP direct)
- Session A Dates: 25 Dec 2019 until 11 Jan 2020 (Check-in: 25 Dec - 26 Dec, Checkout: 11 Jan)
- Session B Dates: 30 Jan until 15 Feb 2020 (Check in: 30 Jan , Check out: 15 Feb)
- Benefits include a $3000 New Colombo Plan Mobility Grant to assist with costs for eligible students
- Eligible students can also receive OS-HELP up to $8,149
- Two weeks of an intensive credit-earning program in the heart of Seoul
- Choose up to 4 credits from 100% English taught courses
- Different fun activities to experience the contemporary Korean culture
Fields of study:
- Art and Design
- Communication and Media
- Business and Economics
- International Studies
- Korean Studies and Language
- Science and Math
- Social Studies
- Ski/Snow-sled Trip
- Bibao Show Performance
- Cultural Events
- Lotte World
- USD 2600 Program fee (includes tuition fee, housing and three free activities)
- USD100 ISEP application fee
- USD ISEP $325 placement fee (acts as a deposit towards the program fee)
- Visa fees
Am I eligible for this experience?
This opportunity is open to any Western Sydney University student currently enrolled into a Bachelor degree who is accepted into the course by Hanyang University.
Am I eligible for the New Colombo Plan Mobility Grant?
- The New Colombo Plan is a signature initiative of the Australian Government which aims to lift knowledge of the Indo-Pacific in Australia by supporting Australian undergraduates to study and undertake internships in the region.
- To be eligible you must be:
- an Australian citizen
- enrolled in an undergraduate degree at Western Sydney University
- be aged 18-28 years
- must not have received a New Colombo Plan Mobility grant on a previous occasion
- receive academic recognition for the experience
What is OS-HELP?
- You may be eligible for OS-HELP, a deferred HELP debt loan for undergraduate Australian citizens - loans of $4,000 or $8,149 are available. Academic Approval is required; have completed 80 credit points of study, and have 10 credit points remaining on return.
How do I apply for Academic Approval?
- Discuss the opportunity with your Academic Course Adviser (ACA) or placement coordinator - visit your School website and see 'Contact'
- To receive recognition for your overseas experience you are required to complete the Approval for Study Abroad / Non-Exchange+
Where can I find out more information about the program?
- This program is provided by Hanyang University through ISEP, a partner of Western Sydney University. Extensive information about the program can be found on the Hanyang University International Winter School (opens in a new window) webpage
Conditions of Participation
- The University of Western Sydney University is committed to demonstrating high standards of personal and professional conduct at all times. When participating in an overseas program, students must assume certain obligations to Western Sydney University (WSU), the prospective country and other participants in a program. See Conditions of Participation in an Overseas Program.
- The university reserves the right to vary program fees in the event of changes in exchange rates or price rises made by partners or other suppliers. If the cost of any service increases due to exchange rate fluctuations, price increases, tax changes or any other reason, participants are required to pay the increase when notified or may cancel a program which may result in cancellation fees.
How to Apply
To be considered for this opportunity, you will be required to submit your Expression of Interest as per instructions below:
Submit your Expression of Interest (opens in a new window) by 30 October 2019.
The New Colombo Plan Mobility Travel Grant will only be available for the first three applicants to be accepted into this program.