- Social Justice Network
- Women of the West
- For Schools
- University Art Collection
- Campbelltown Rotary Observatory
- Community Information Directory
- Penrith Observatory
- Whitlam Institute
- Western Sydney University Community Fellow Awards
Purpose and Guidelines
The title of Western Sydney University Community Fellow is awarded to individuals who make an outstanding contribution to the Greater Western Sydney (GWS) region. This title is awarded and celebrated at Western Sydney University graduation ceremonies throughout the year.
Individuals external to the University who meet the selection criteria are eligible for nomination.
2. Selection Criteria
To be eligible to be awarded the title of a Community Fellow, the nominee's contributions to the community will have had a demonstrable impact on social, economic, cultural, environmental and/or technological development in the Greater Western Sydney region. The nominee does not need to reside in the GWS region.
3. Nomination Process and Submissions
- Bi-annually the Vice-Chancellor will invite, through a University wide email, all academic and professional staff of the University to nominate individuals in the community who meet the selection criteria for this award.
- External partners to the University will also be invited by the Vice-Chancellor to submit nominations. Information regarding the nomination process will be disseminated to community through the usual bi-monthly Directors of Engagement forums.
- Nominations can be submitted on a rolling basis throughout the year. They can be submitted using the Western Sydney University Community Fellow Nomination Form and sent to PVCEngagement@westernsydney.edu.au
- A quality check and vetting of nominations will be undertaken by the Engagement Coordinator, Office of PVC Engagement and Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander, prior to nominations being presented to the review panel.
- A panel convened by the Office of the PVC Engagement and Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Leadership will assess and prepare recommendations for endorsement by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor & Vice-President (Academic).
- Following endorsement by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor & Vice-President (Academic), recommendations are forwarded by the PVC Engagement and Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Leadership to the Office of Governance Services for submission to the Remunerations and Nominations Committee.
- The Remunerations and Nominations Committee will pass final recommendations to the Board of Trustees for approval.
4. Dissemination of Outcomes
- The Chancellor will contact all awardees after the Board of Trustees approval, inviting them to accept the nomination.
- Once accepted, the Office of Marketing and Communications will liaise with the recipient to arrange a suitable graduation ceremony for the conferral of the title.
- The Office of Marketing and Communications will invite the recipient's nominator and the recipient's guests to attend the conferral.
- Briefing notes will be provided to the recipient by the Office of Marketing and Communications.
- The Community Fellow will be gowned on the day in a bachelor's gown (on loan) and a community stole (complimentary).
- Framed Western Sydney University Community Fellow certificate will be presented to the recipient at the ceremony.
- Announcements about award recipients will be included on the University website and in the program which will be distributed at the graduation ceremony.